Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glad to be Talking/Thinking Crappie again..

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Glad to be Talking/Thinking Crappie again..

I don't know if it's the small rise in water temps, the recent days flirting with temps in the 60's and 70's, or the longer daylight hours; but I have found (with glee) that my mind has begun its shift from topics like football, politics, and my gas bill, to important things.... like jig colors, fishing line, jigs, jig-heads, grubs, tackle organization, floats (bobbers for you northerners), map study, jigs, jig colors,i'm starting to repeat myself, etc. (i could go on and on). I know it's only February 16, but I am glad that the change is coming and I am already getting antsy..... trying to decide if I will try trolling more than casting...wondering if I should replace that one battery....Do I need that rod I saw at Academy Sports??
    Am I the only nut feeling this way?? I know the OT forum is still hopping, and I'll still check it out, but........ Let's talk fishing!! :D
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigSandyRookie View Post
    I don't know if it's the small rise in water temps, the recent days flirting with temps in the 60's and 70's, or the longer daylight hours; but I have found (with glee) that my mind has begun its shift from topics like football, politics, and my gas bill, to important things.... like jig colors, fishing line, jigs, jig-heads, grubs, tackle organization, floats (bobbers for you northerners), map study, jigs, jig colors,i'm starting to repeat myself, etc. (i could go on and on). I know it's only February 16, but I am glad that the change is coming and I am already getting antsy..... trying to decide if I will try trolling more than casting...wondering if I should replace that one battery....Do I need that rod I saw at Academy Sports??
    Am I the only nut feeling this way?? I know the OT forum is still hopping, and I'll still check it out, but........ Let's talk fishing!! :D
    Just to let you know i knew what a float was (Ice Cream Soda) right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Crappie View Post
    Just to let you know i knew what a float was (Ice Cream Soda) right
    Yeah, ice cream in a cola- usually root beer and very good, especially on hot summer days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwwUncle View Post
    Yeah, ice cream in a cola- usually root beer and very good, especially on hot summer days.
    yeah right!! you fish with a bobber and eat/drink a float. I prefer Root Beer myself.:D:D
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    yeah right!! you fish with a bobber and eat/drink a float. I prefer Root Beer myself.:D:D
    What about the smallmouth technique " float n fly " it's not bobber n fly!:p
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Read and post here everyday and by the time fishin rolls around you'll have a full head of steam!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy fishing year round but I hunt also. As soon as I get a couple whitetails in the freezer though I cant wait to get back on the water. The crappie spawn is my favorite time on the water but I bass and trout fish after it warms up!
    Was that a bite? Forgot what they feel like!