Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question..Mounting a power drive TM..???

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow question..Mounting a power drive TM..???

I am mounting a power drive on the Bomber. I don't have an instruction manual. How far does the mount need to stick over the bow? also how fo you attach the transducer cable so the shaft slides but doesn't tangle or stretch the cord?? I am thinking to just attach it above the clamp ring on the shaft and let it be loose. I am worried this will get in the way.. so what have you done?? papasage i think i remember you have a pwer drive that cut your 565 cord..
    thanks yall for your help..
    Smitty

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

ill go look at mine tomorrow when i get home from work if thats not too late smitty.mine is a powerdrive.i may even have the destructions

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to be on the water when you get off work..I think i see how it works but don't want to cut my wire when dropping it in the lake or pinching it when stowing it.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i used tie straps and fastened it to the shalft at the bottom and top .then tie it to the power wires .
    the one i cut the cable on was the pontoon . that isen`t a power drive . it is just ahandheld that hinges up . the power drive slides through the bracket.
    Last edited by papasage; 02-17-2009 at 05:38 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Smitty, As far as where to mount it, you just have to find the best position on your boat. Make sure it when you drop it, it clears the bow, and when it's retracted, it's not in the way. Like Papasage says, a wire tie to the shaft at the bottom, and another at the top. Leave just a little slack as it has to get by the mounting collar. I then fished my xducer cable thru the coils of the power cord, from the head to the mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Shellback said, make sure it clears the bow when deploying and that it is not in your way when it is stowed...This thread may help you out on the transducer question:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/georg...n-kota-ap.html

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty, put the motor in the down position and set it on the front deck and position it and mark the holes. I used iso-mounts on mine, really helps reduce vibration and much quieter, too quite. They will really hold, as you should know!!! Easy to mount because you don't have to reach under the deck to put on nuts and washers. Wish I were closer so I could help you.

Post Thanks / Like

yep, howard they hold at 45mph..lol I hope i don't see that again.

thanks for the help guys..she looks good up there. Now I am gonna get to pulling some bugs. might go in the rain weds. if not going thursday already... can't wait to use the co pilot....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    can't wait to use the co pilot....
    You will really like it Smitty. Did you get the auto pilot also?

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty where you headed to with that new trolling motor? Maybe Eufaula? :D I hear it calling Smitty,Smitty ,Smitty come to me. LOL
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 02-17-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast