Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thoughts on Tracker 175TXW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on Tracker 175TXW

Thinking about buying a tracker 175 TXW was wondering what folks thought of them that have one or have fished out of one. Any info appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Good crappie boat.Just make sure you get the max h.p. its rated for.And a word to the wise, if ya fish LOZ it would be best to look for a bigger boat.But it is a good boat for truman and other lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Pro team 190 with a 90 Opitmax on the back. Love it. Smooth across the water. Great to fish from.
    I perfer a aluminum hull over a fiberglass due I fish the rocks and end up beaching so I can set up stake beds and brush piles when the water is low.
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

I havw a pro team 175 with a 50 hp merc as far as the ride goes very smooth plenty of room cant go wrong with them can do any kind of fishing out of them had mine for 2 1/2 years can fish 3 people out of it easy on.As far as the engine goes get the biggest four stroke that you can afford to put on it that would be the only thing that I would do different if I bought it today.Cannot beat it for the money but there are other aluminum brands out check them all out find what fits you best climb in it sit behind the wheel move around but do check them out well worth the time for the kind of money you will be spending good luck now im going fishing.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

I fished with a 16' with a 50" bottom for a long time...then a few years ago I bought a 20' aluminum with a 68" bottom and a side console. Lots of room for 3 or 4 nice size folks to thrash about and not worry about knockin another in.

And when I go to Truman or LOZ I dont fear for my life if the wind pick ups.:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Tracker semi v with a 65hp Mariner on it, best all around boat I ever had. Then I got stupid and gave it to my Nephew. Last year I bought a Tracker Pro Crappie with a 40hp Merc. I liked it pretty good on Reelfoot and Carlyle, but after a trip to Grenada with a west wind I decided to sell it. I sold it and went back to my 18.5 G3 w/150 Yamaha.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 07 Pro Team 175 TXW with a 50 hp and love it. I agree with Danny to get the max motor you can. As the hines says metal is the way to go, we go get some of them high dollar lures that them fiberglass guys won't go get!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

i have a pro 17 with a 40 hp mercury it runs around 33
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

I fish from a Pro Team 185. It's a comfortable ride and I enjoy fishing from her. The wind causes problems for me at times. That little problem is far outweighed by the advantages. I've owned 3 glass boats and will stick with aluminum from now on.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daplumber View Post
    I had a Tracker semi v with a 65hp Mariner on it, best all around boat I ever had. Then I got stupid and gave it to my Nephew. Last year I bought a Tracker Pro Crappie with a 40hp Merc. I liked it pretty good on Reelfoot and Carlyle, but after a trip to Grenada with a west wind I decided to sell it. I sold it and went back to my 18.5 G3 w/150 Yamaha.
    Grenada wind will eat the biggest boats out there. Wicked stuff man!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff