Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Boating regulations question.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alabama Boating regulations question.

I will be bringing a jon boat over to Weiss from Atlanta where I live.

Do I have to complete the Alabama Boaters Safety do-dah online for the $24.95 fee?

How much is a Boat Lic. for out of state?

Hope it is not as much as the high price out of state Alabama fishing permit that I just bought---$46 OUCH. Out of state here in Ga. is only $19.
    I grew up in Alabama....they should be nicer to me!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I,m pretty sure that you do not have to take boaters saftey corse. Perhaps one the marine police can chime in to make sure. seems like i read this when i took this corse.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish weiss all the time and I only have a out of state fishing lic. I got checked last spring by the man in church house and he was only interested what was in the live well

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 32251 View Post
    I will be bringing a jon boat over to Weiss from Atlanta where I live.

Do I have to complete the Alabama Boaters Safety do-dah online for the $24.95 fee?

How much is a Boat Lic. for out of state?

Hope it is not as much as the high price out of state Alabama fishing permit that I just bought---$46 OUCH. Out of state here in Ga. is only $19.
    I grew up in Alabama....they should be nicer to me!!!
    Ga. resident also----got checked sat. 2/15 for lic. only however warden said a number of georgia boats they had checked still had 08 decals for boat numbers----mine expires 09, so double check decal.

Post Thanks / Like

We are good people at c.c. and most are good sportsmen and are concerned about good and prudent stewartship of our game. So why will one state not honor other state liscense? Just tax and game and fish revenue. Does it really help our conservation?

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you already have your boaters lic.,Alabama should accept it.I would call themarine police to be sure.The marine police were chacking people Sunday but he never checked me he just waved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gracie1goose View Post
    We are good people at c.c. and most are good sportsmen and are concerned about good and prudent stewartship of our game. So why will one state not honor other state liscense? Just tax and game and fish revenue. Does it really help our conservation?

What is even stranger about Alabama is that if you come from Mississippi or Louisana the cost for the out of state permit is even MORE!!! They have 3 different rates for out of state permits! Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

whats really strange is if you rent a boat you dont have to have a license

Post Thanks / Like

Alabama charges the same for license as the states around us. When I go to Louisiana I feel like I am being robbed, but it's the same for all the people from La. when they come over here to fish. What's unfair for one is unfair to the other also. Where I live at I have to make sure I don't cross into Florida waters because you do not have to be seen fishing it is if there are fish in the boat.

The boat operater license is kind of crazy also just past the written test and go operate any boat, they do not even require anyone to have any experience. I even had a marine policeman tell me that it didn't make sence.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need an out of state boating license,
    you should however comply with required safety equipment and regulations of the state of alabama while in Alabama waters, it is my understanding based on a conversation I had with a marine police when I first moved to Alabama ( 5 years ago )
    I was told I had 6 month's to get all the Alabama permit, registrations, license and so on. I din't even had to take the test since my prior state license did show that I had boating license ( I did have to pay the fee, same fee we pay at renewals every fee years )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast