Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie lakes

i need some info about any and all lakes within 3 hrs of sumner co.tennessee.name me some good places for the end of march other than old hickory and jpp

Post Thanks / Like

what would be a good lake at the end of march within 3 hrs or so from nashville

Post Thanks / Like

Default how about

I grew up in Cookeville, TN. You are only slightly over an hour away from either Center Hill Lake or Cordell Hull. Have you tried either one?

Post Thanks / Like

yessir ive fished both we are wanting to go somewhere we havent been and stay for 3 days.hows ky lake at this time or reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot!!!!!!

Reelfoot is one of, if not, my favorite lake of all time! Used to go back for a week every year. Lots of RF locals around here I think. Someone will chime in soon enough.

I have been in April and May mostly. Some of the locals we talked to when we first went said that the first full moon in April was THE TIME for crappie and first full moon in May was when to slay the big gills. I would think you would have some pretty good luck in late March though.

If you want a great place to stay - contact Bunches Grocery out of Samburg, TN on the south end of the lake. Great prices and GREAT PEOPLE! They always know where the bite is at . Contact information is below-

Samburg Motel & Bunch's Grocery
    Lake Street
    Samburg, TN 38254
    731-538-2385

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that info i will keep it in mind

Post Thanks / Like

starting to narrow it down to ky lake,reelfoot and guntersville maybe grenada.so if anyone has any tips for these at the end of march it would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Mudbug,
    There are several good lake to choose from within a 3 hour drive of the Nashville area. It would be a hard decision to make because of the3 choices you have. Some of the ones I know are Reelfoot, Guntersville, Persey Priest, Weiss, Neely Henry, Wheeler and Kentucky. Im sure there are others but that is just a few I could think of pretty quick. Good Luck with you decision and I hope you get a limit on your trip. See Ya' on the Water!

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    weiss lake crappie guides

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favorites are Reelfoot, if you've never been there you need to go at least once, Ky Lake, Grenada, Weiss, and Guntersville. I understand that Chickamauga is back and doing well. Lived there for several years and it is a beautiful place. A group of us go every spring for a week and we have fished Reelfoot for several years, Big Sandy and Grenada. We are going back to Grenada this March and Big Sandy in April. If you need a place on reelfoot I know a guy that has a house he rents. Nice place that will hold up to 8 or ten guys. Right on the water.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley and kentucky lake. You should give cane pole a shout. I think he guides on Big sandy. You are in the middle of some great fishing . get your map out.