Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took a break today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Took a break today.

Took a breack today from the grill and other 4th activities. This is what happened. Guess now I will have to go to the lake after all.

2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that's a highly productive way to spend the day and I'm sure it'll pay off later!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pair I made at work the other day. If you happened to be driving down I-40 in Nastyville you might have seen them sitting under the Spence Ln. Bridge curing. And I've got 6 more tall ones sitting at my dads house. I think I'm going to make more smaller ones like yours though. I still have quite a bit of conduit left from where they tore the old bridge down and replaced the fiber-optic lines. They just left the old conduit laying around and one of the contractors who knew I wanted it, cut it up and saved it for me. Thats a good way to get on the inspectors good side I reckon.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

it's terrible to HAVE to go to lake LOL.those beds look great!! can you reuse the forms or will they stay on? I was going to build some beds like that but did not want to use all my buckets up.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

How soon will fish hold on these and how deep do you sink the smaller ones I put out a dozen 3 days ago and am curious as to how soon the fish will arrive thanks Big George

Post Thanks / Like

The forms are 12qt dish pans. You can remove them after the concrete sets up. Usually about 5 to 7 days. I don`t fish these for 2 or 3 months. These will be fished next spring. I put out condos this year for next year. Have made both pvc and wood condos, both seem to work. Give it a try.
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I like the size of your condos, krappiekrazy. They are much easier to handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff:

I was wondering if you ever thought of putting something slippery on the plastic dish pans to help release the concrete from them after the concrete cures?

Do you have any trouble getting the concrete released from the forms?

I really like the idea of using forms that can be reused over and over again. The saves on costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by krappiekrazy
    The forms are 12qt dish pans. You can remove them after the concrete sets up. Usually about 5 to 7 days. I don`t fish these for 2 or 3 months. These will be fished next spring. I put out condos this year for next year. Have made both pvc and wood condos, both seem to work. Give it a try.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I gots to build me some of them
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

You do not need to add anything to the pans. You can remove them after the concrete cures. Takes a little work but it works. Someone once said Never add anything like oil. I allways add a screw to the end of the pvc to make sure they don`t slip out of the concrete. I make some with wood also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Jeff:

I was wondering if you ever thought of putting something slippery on the plastic dish pans to help release the concrete from them after the concrete cures?

Do you have any trouble getting the concrete released from the forms?

I really like the idea of using forms that can be reused over and over again. The saves on costs.
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast