Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a BATTLE CRY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Time for a BATTLE CRY

All across the country and especially in the south those first long warming trends are about to hit our states. Here in central Arkansas I look for periods of weather where night time temps are 45-50 and day time temps are somewhere between 60 and 70. When I see this in the forecast I know its time to prepare for battle. Late winter has always been a good time for me to prepare my weapons of choice, clean and respool my favorite reels and rods, prep the old battleship for war, and organize my ammunition to battle my foe.
    When I hit the water this time of year I think of the thousands of anglers who will be out there somewhere with me on the water, ready to go to war with me against the silver onslaught that faces us. Remember our quary can be cunning, they will be laying in wait, in shallow sun bleached coves, brush, creek channels and shallow flats, ready to ambush us at a moments notice. They will do everything in their power to win their battle against us. We must be READY and PREPARED to fight and win. Some of us will fall and some of us will go on to find Silver Glory. Remember one thing it's not whether you win or lose, it's knowing that you went out there and you gave it your best shot, and you will live to fight again and find victory on the water. And after all this said and you still dont feel good about the end of the day. Log onto to Crappie.com we will help cheer you up and help you to find SILVER GLORY on the water, in this great sport we call Crappie Fishing. CHARGE!!! God Bless and Support Our Troops who fight for real for us everyday. CrappiePro
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

Well put! I just came back to the house. Too cold his morning with the wind! May go again later if the sun comes out.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    Well put! I just came back to the house. Too cold his morning with the wind! May go again later if the sun comes out.
    I went to the lakey yesterday and aired the tires up on my Jon boat an 4 wheelers. Lake was whitecapping. Came back home to computer.:o
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm a gluten for punishment...son just walked in and we're going back out.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Either you were a poet, a general, or...

legislator in your previous life there CrappiePro. Either way right on! I'm just about ready unfortunately the weather man is predicting more snow for us up here, so I have to get ready for a spring break trip down to the glorious south were God smiles a little earlier. See ya'll in a month or so.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Though I wade through the cove of the shadow of Spring, I shall fear no crappie. My rod is my sword and my jig shall light my path.

Hail Crappie, full of shad, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among fishes, and blessed is the jig that you shall strike. Holy Crappie, obsession of men, pray for us now and at the hour of the bite. Amen.
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePro View Post
    All across the country and especially in the south those first long warming trends are about to hit our states. Here in central Arkansas I look for periods of weather where night time temps are 45-50 and day time temps are somewhere between 60 and 70. When I see this in the forecast I know its time to prepare for battle. Late winter has always been a good time for me to prepare my weapons of choice, clean and respool my favorite reels and rods, prep the old battleship for war, and organize my ammunition to battle my foe.
    When I hit the water this time of year I think of the thousands of anglers who will be out there somewhere with me on the water, ready to go to war with me against the silver onslaught that faces us. Remember our quary can be cunning, they will be laying in wait, in shallow sun bleached coves, brush, creek channels and shallow flats, ready to ambush us at a moments notice. They will do everything in their power to win their battle against us. We must be READY and PREPARED to fight and win. Some of us will fall and some of us will go on to find Silver Glory. Remember one thing it's not whether you win or lose, it's knowing that you went out there and you gave it your best shot, and you will live to fight again and find victory on the water. And after all this said and you still dont feel good about the end of the day. Log onto to Crappie.com we will help cheer you up and help you to find SILVER GLORY on the water, in this great sport we call Crappie Fishing. CHARGE!!! God Bless and Support Our Troops who fight for real for us everyday. CrappiePro
    Well said.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice. The guys on my local VT board are catching them through the ice and driving me crazy with the pictures but I'll wait for spring.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OKSTATEjiggy View Post
    Though I wade through the cove of the shadow of Spring, I shall fear no crappie. My rod is my sword and my jig shall light my path.

Hail Crappie, full of shad, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among fishes, and blessed is the jig that you shall strike. Holy Crappie, obsession of men, pray for us now and at the hour of the bite. Amen.
    Not so sure if this is basthemy; but, it sure made me laugh.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Way to go SlabBandit

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    I guess I'm a gluten for punishment...son just walked in and we're going back out.
    Stay on em and Never Give Up!
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast