PDA

View Full Version : Boat show

cityboy
02-14-2009, 12:54 PM
any one been to the shaumburg boat show in illinois ? just wondering if it is worth going .any jig venders or good tackel deals.

Dave C
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I know its late responding, but went to the show for the first time this weekend. Will not go back next year. It was very small, few tackle dealers, most boats were big fiberglass cruisers. Very dissappointing. The best I have seen is the QCCA Outdoors show in the Quad Cities. Many tackle dealers and it trys to emphasize fishing and hunting. Not pleasure crafts

mrwillis
02-17-2009, 10:51 AM
If you are looking for an awesome sports show...you need to hit the Indiana Boat, Sport, and Travel show. I don't know where exactly in Illinois you are from, but this weekend is the first weekend of 10 days of this event in Indianapolis at the state fair grounds. WELL WORTH THE DRIVE, I GUARANTEE THAT. And, this weekend is the 12th annual deer and turkey expo, being added to the hundreds of exhibits. I've found some pretty cool things at this. It doesn't matter what aspect of the outdoors you like, it will hit your interest.

wwwUncle
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM
If you are looking for an awesome sports show...you need to hit the Indiana Boat, Sport, and Travel show. I don't know where exactly in Illinois you are from, but this weekend is the first weekend of 10 days of this event in Indianapolis at the state fair grounds. WELL WORTH THE DRIVE, I GUARANTEE THAT. And, this weekend is the 12th annual deer and turkey expo, being added to the hundreds of exhibits. I've found some pretty cool things at this. It doesn't matter what aspect of the outdoors you like, it will hit your interest.

February 20th through March 1st.

jaxsprat
02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Many said they were in looked at everything & out in 1 1/2 hrs-like not too much very little tackle...