Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Queen ann Co.Farm pounds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Queen ann Co.Farm pounds

Stone fly's, Stone fly's,Stone fly's in the bellies of every slab I open come late march ,and April.Whats needed"? more jigs to resemble the creepy looking creatures! Fly tying opposed to jig tying is an easy enough switch,just have to keep a larger stock of jig heads in 1/8oz.#4,#6 wire hooks through 1/125oz.I noticed that the average size stone fly is quite small,Sometimes nearly the size of 3mm sewing bead on average...Ive see them as small as maybe 1mm.crazy small"Also",Times when colors are thought to change the action of the crafty Crappie"more times than most, Its size change rather than color", So", 1/100oz.through 1/32oz.for the jigs made in stone fly patterns,and at least half doz.color combination's in the range of Blk.,Lt.blue Dun,to Bright reds to hot Yellows for the Eastern shore farm pounds,and lakes". River's demanding more DNA politically correct colors"of Black, Lt.gingers,white's"should prompt no worries mate's"! Born and raised in Landsdown, MD. I have had many adventures from the Potomac to Patapsico, Wicomico"to Deep creek to Tuckahoe"Being a Navy brat,had many ,many"adventures from TX.to Maine".Ive had many",the best by far have been in the Tennessee waters I must say"where average consistence sizes, and hook ups were in the 10",and every other cast ranges"!Color's being much the same" w/varying water temps.Percy Priest, Normandy dam, The great Tim's ford, Kentucky lake, And some scary LG.Bass in some private farm pounds where the owners of some feed them w/ lg.shiners, and they actually come to the surface like a murder of old crow's in gather" awaiting to tear up one's crops.Then as soon as the shiner would touch the water, I'm not lying... "SlURP"POP" not many being missed,and surely being sucked up later on the rebound" Bass averaging 6lbs.to 12 lbs.And larger, "Id never see such a spectacle here in the north east"...,And being the honorary young'n I was at 19, would often have the old girl friend drop me off on late summer moon lit nights at private pounds ,only to pick me up on an agreed upon time,fearing to be caught by the property owners w/one of his Monster wall hanging bass in tow, often was the case of me cursing excuses under my breath, of why I was empty handed"...lol" ...Cheese and mice"! I was bad"...But" always first to admit wrong doing".which made me a good guy... "I guess? "No one got hurt,and I learned much about liven..." Now"two old ladies later,my son living much the same way i did"has a hard time understanding why 9 out of 10 times i am able to complete the rest of his sentences. Now its a much younger pretty Tomboy daughter trying to live up to dad ,and older brother, and not doing a bag job of it"..."
    Thanks to Crappie .com forums",I don't feel so old anymore.Thanks guy's"!
    "I lobster,but"I flounder of scallop"!

Grubfarmer67"
    Last edited by grubfarmer67; 02-17-2009 at 07:29 AM.

"WELL"...YOU ASKED"NOBODY TELLS ME NOTH'N!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice story...thanks & God Bless...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Yates "One would think i need a blessing huh"lol "I later thought to leave out the past experiences part but",the old lady thought it would be a good idea to let every one in a little... Good luck to ya too chief" Hope you make good this year on the freckle too".The stone fly will be a safe bet though, you should give it a whack"!

"WELL"...YOU ASKED"NOBODY TELLS ME NOTH'N!!!

Post Thanks / Like

whats up with the stones and the awsome fishing in my home state.yes u were lucky that a farmer didnt catch u with his 12ga. loaded with 00buck.we folk take our fish serious down in the sticks:D