Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixing up the Volunteer Fire Dept. Need Beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fixing up the Volunteer Fire Dept. Need Beds

I know this isnt the right spot and will probably be moved to the off topic forum but more people read this section is why I put it here.
    We are in the process of fixing up the upstairs of our Fire Dept. here in Paducah. We are fixing our bathroom and also installing a shower. This is for when we have crews come in for large fires or when we have fire schools out at the Matador Wildlife Management Area and the people dont have enough money for a hotel. We are in need of some bunk beds. Or several single beds. We would like to be able to atleast sleep 8. If anyone has any ideas please PM me. We are not in any way a rich Dept. We are a totally Volunteer Fire Dept. in a town of 1498 and the only town in Cottle County with less than 2000 in the whole County. Now I know most of you folks live in another state than Texas but I was wondering if any of you have any ideas. We simply dont have the funds to just go out and buy beds. As said before we are a totally Volunteer Fire Dept. and are totally dependent on Donations from people in the County.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked into requesting Govt surplus for your beds. I have heard they do that with Surplus firefighting equipment and trucks. I would assume the same can be done with other equipment.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

i was on a all vol. fire dept. here in ms for bout 7 yrs and when needed extra funds we would hold raffles. we would get a merchant to donate a prize or we would buy it and raffle it off. we would also have a cooking of some sort at the station and sell plate lunches. i hope this helps.
    Last edited by bigjohnMS; 02-14-2009 at 01:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We got our trucks thru the Forrest Service thru the Govt. Surplus but cant find any beds and they said they cant get any. I was asked on a PM what the dept. address was so he could send a donation. I will give this to all on here if anyone is interested.
    Paducah Fire Dept.
    P.O. Box 759
    Paducah, TX 79248
    If you send a donation, please add what it is for and make sure we have your return address for a thank you.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some single beds, but it would be a long drive. Around here they have fish fry's, bingo and euchre tournaments for donations. Good Luck and I hope you get everything you need.

Post Thanks / Like

father you have a pm

Post Thanks / Like

Might check with local hospitals and also the Red Cross. Sometimes we have gotten cots from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Get in line for some of that stimulus money, Call or email your Congressman.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions and help those of you have given

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I know this is kinda country, but why not build some frames from 2x4s and plywood and get some "bunk bed" foam matresses for them. those mattresses are around 45 bucks each. We did that for a huntin cabin. Worked out fine. PM me if you want more info on how we done it. Wish I could help more, but right now I am doing good to keep a roof over our heads. Been laid of since Nov and ain't no jobs in sight!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast