Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Large Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Large Crappie

Hellow People.

My name is Lynn Sanders and I have found this wed page and it's readings fun and informative for the most part. I to am a avid crappie fisherman and a guide on Lake Millwood in sourh western Arkanasa. I size of some of the photos that I see from around the uppuer states is the size thae I throw back for seed. Now I do not mean to knock at anyones fish catchings or the size of thr fish in the lakes that are in those areas fished but still if you ever want tha crappie to reach three pounds or more you have to let him grow up ok. If you like to see photos of nice fish e-mail me at Lostdeerhunter @aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

If I can get a filet off him he goes in the box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Crappie

First post and you choose to slam the people on this site ? And you then advertise that you are a guide. Is this a joke ?

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

As a guide, are you suggesting that we throw back our big one so as your clients can catch them. I'm sure they'll bring them home.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Well, Lynn Sanders ...

if we all let all of "our sub-standard" sized fish go, for seed ... we'd have to stop fishing (for meat, anyway) :D
    We don't all have the luxury of being in the position of being able to fish strictly for 3+lb fish. And, putting back a 2lb fish is no guarantee that it'll grow to 3lbs. It could die of old age, before ever getting that big.

Now, if you just want to advertise your business ... I suggest you purchase a Sponsorship deal (as per this : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...s-conduct.html )
    But, if you want to join in the discussions, and share your knowledge and expertise, then post away ... and show your pics to us, right here on the site, rather than having us have to email you for them. And if you don't think that will help your business, or help you gain more knowledge about Crappie fishing ... just talk with some of the other Guides that are members here

NOTE : to all others that may reply to this thread ... play nice. It is his first post, and possibly his first site membership, so cut him a little slack.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Are you serious???? A fisher that rags on other fishermen! I think you made a typo....check with reality tv.com, cause you must be lost.

Fishing is an addiction and I'm trying to dose up daily!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a body of water that I have never heard of a 3lb crappie caught in. Even a 2lber is extremely rare, so you can bet that if I catch a 2lber I'm going to keep it. Like an earlier post stated, there's no guarantee that a released large crappie will live to see 3lb's. These fish are old and most will die of old age before they see that weight.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

the watersheds i fish in don't even have 1lbs in it. it is so over stocked we keep every thing that has got meat on it small one eat just as good as a big one. hard times are here for our family and thats meat in the freezer.

Post Thanks / Like

Lemme see if I can crystal ball this one.

uuuuuuhhhhhhhh, 17-23 years old

Been on 10-15 good fishing trips where lies wern't needed but probably told anyway, Been on 20-30 other trips....total, that definitely need exaggerating.

calls himself a guide, no one's ever really paid him.

tells people he had "an icechest full of 3lbers" but really had a few that went 1.8lbs and never bothered to weigh them.

enjoys letting others know how great he is, even if it is at their expense. This probably stems from some childhood emotional neglect, but I digress and won't get that deep.

Howma doin Lynn? Close?

Well if I'm not, then keep in mind that this is the image you gave off in that post to most seasoned fishermen and women that read it.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a search for your "guide" service and found nothing. Can I book a 2 week trip and do I need to bring my own boat? Billy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast