PDA

View Full Version : Large Crappie

lynn sanders
02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Hellow People.

My name is Lynn Sanders and I have found this wed page and it's readings fun and informative for the most part. I to am a avid crappie fisherman and a guide on Lake Millwood in sourh western Arkanasa. I size of some of the photos that I see from around the uppuer states is the size thae I throw back for seed. Now I do not mean to knock at anyones fish catchings or the size of thr fish in the lakes that are in those areas fished but still if you ever want tha crappie to reach three pounds or more you have to let him grow up ok. If you like to see photos of nice fish e-mail me at Lostdeerhunter @aol.com

merc25
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
If I can get a filet off him he goes in the box

hatchetman
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
First post and you choose to slam the people on this site ? And you then advertise that you are a guide. Is this a joke ?

PawPaw "gene"
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
As a guide, are you suggesting that we throw back our big one so as your clients can catch them. I'm sure they'll bring them home.
"gene"

CrappiePappy
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
if we all let all of "our sub-standard" sized fish go, for seed ... we'd have to stop fishing (for meat, anyway) :D
We don't all have the luxury of being in the position of being able to fish strictly for 3+lb fish. And, putting back a 2lb fish is no guarantee that it'll grow to 3lbs. It could die of old age, before ever getting that big.

Now, if you just want to advertise your business ... I suggest you purchase a Sponsorship deal (as per this : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/28127-board-rules-conduct.html )
But, if you want to join in the discussions, and share your knowledge and expertise, then post away ... and show your pics to us, right here on the site, rather than having us have to email you for them. And if you don't think that will help your business, or help you gain more knowledge about Crappie fishing ... just talk with some of the other Guides that are members here ;)

NOTE : to all others that may reply to this thread ... play nice. It is his first post, and possibly his first site membership, so cut him a little slack.

... cp :cool:

Fishaholik
02-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Are you serious???? A fisher that rags on other fishermen! I think you made a typo....check with reality tv.com, cause you must be lost.

TapOut64
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I fish a body of water that I have never heard of a 3lb crappie caught in. Even a 2lber is extremely rare, so you can bet that if I catch a 2lber I'm going to keep it. Like an earlier post stated, there's no guarantee that a released large crappie will live to see 3lb's. These fish are old and most will die of old age before they see that weight.

TN. WATERSHED
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
the watersheds i fish in don't even have 1lbs in it. it is so over stocked we keep every thing that has got meat on it small one eat just as good as a big one. hard times are here for our family and thats meat in the freezer.

Kman
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Lemme see if I can crystal ball this one.

uuuuuuhhhhhhhh, 17-23 years old

Been on 10-15 good fishing trips where lies wern't needed but probably told anyway, Been on 20-30 other trips....total, that definitely need exaggerating.

calls himself a guide, no one's ever really paid him.

tells people he had "an icechest full of 3lbers" but really had a few that went 1.8lbs and never bothered to weigh them.

enjoys letting others know how great he is, even if it is at their expense. This probably stems from some childhood emotional neglect, but I digress and won't get that deep.

Howma doin Lynn? Close?

Well if I'm not, then keep in mind that this is the image you gave off in that post to most seasoned fishermen and women that read it.

Billy
02-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I did a search for your "guide" service and found nothing. Can I book a 2 week trip and do I need to bring my own boat? Billy

Fishaholik
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Invite me, so we can both bank fish. :D

wasabi
02-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Come on guys, leave the lady alone. We need to support it when a woman wants to join our ranks.

OKSTATEjiggy
02-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Well darn, I guess what I thought of as a nice catch was a mess of dinks in your book.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii338/OKSTATEjiggy/CarlBlackwellJanuary182009002.jpg

How much are your rates? Will you charge extra for superior netting skills?

albiechaser
02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
send me your photos Lynn, an we'll go from there,
tough crowd here, lol

but remember most folks here, dont fish or cant fish as much as you,
this site is their guide,

so how many fish do you take home for the grease? I usally dont keep many,
but the nice ones never EVER go back.

skiptomylu
02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
24549 From Toledo Bend Texas!

supergooser
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm SORRY I wasted my time reading bull.

PineappleSlap
02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
hey fellas quit reacting to this post.....its an internet troll......

youve been trolled!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

deathb4disco
02-13-2009, 06:38 PM
hey fellas quit reacting to this post.....its an internet troll......

I was thinking the same thing. It reminded me very much of these two threads from last year. This guy made a grand total of four posts but had the forum stirred up for days.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/58133-night-fishing-crappie-should-banned.html

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/58362-night-fishing-cheating.html

But like CP said, maybe he's just new to the whole "internet bulletin board" thing. Time will tell. Trolls are pretty obvious. They stir up trouble and then leave.

Fishaholik
02-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Well darn, I guess what I thought of as a nice catch was a mess of dinks in your book.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii338/OKSTATEjiggy/CarlBlackwellJanuary182009002.jpg

Forgive me....I'm still trying to pick up my lip.

lynn sanders
02-13-2009, 08:11 PM
try Millwood lake guide service I almost always hire out through that service

lynn sanders
02-13-2009, 08:14 PM

You have some nice ones there but some need to be put back,,and I do a great job at netting and the rates are $300.00 per 8 hour day

lynn sanders
02-13-2009, 08:18 PM
if we all let all of "our sub-standard" sized fish go, for seed ... we'd have to stop fishing (for meat, anyway) :D
We don't all have the luxury of being in the position of being able to fish strictly for 3+lb fish. And, putting back a 2lb fish is no guarantee that it'll grow to 3lbs. It could die of old age, before ever getting that big.

Now, if you just want to advertise your business ... I suggest you purchase a Sponsorship deal (as per this : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/28127-board-rules-conduct.html )
But, if you want to join in the discussions, and share your knowledge and expertise, then post away ... and show your pics to us, right here on the site, rather than having us have to email you for them. And if you don't think that will help your business, or help you gain more knowledge about Crappie fishing ... just talk with some of the other Guides that are members here ;)

NOTE : to all others that may reply to this thread ... play nice. It is his first post, and possibly his first site membership, so cut him a little slack.

I tried to upload photos on this wed site but the web said that all of the photos were too big so I do not know any other way but for you to e-mail me so i can return the photos to you.

luvjign
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
and the rates are $300.00 per 8 hour day:eek:.......I'm quittin my real job....

deathb4disco
02-13-2009, 08:31 PM
try Millwood lake guide service I almost always hire out through that service

I did -- could not find any mention of you.

Quicksilver1958
02-13-2009, 08:35 PM
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , . . . . .

thehines
02-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I tried to upload photos on this wed site but the web said that all of the photos were too big so I do not know any other way but for you to e-mail me so i can return the photos to you.

Almost sounds like you need some email addresses for SPAM mail or other ideas you people get?????:confused::confused:

Daniel
02-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, If that is where some people are going with it.

I did request some photos earlier today, This evening I recieved two pics,
One real nice white crappie and one real nice black crappie.

Daniel

LBM
02-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Lynn I'm a guessing this is you from the Client Feedback section on that site.

Client Feedback (http://www.millwoodguideservice.com/Client%20Responces.htm)

"Becky from Missouri says: "Just wanted to let you know that my mother and I had a wonderful trip. Thank you. Despite the cold front, we had a great time. Lynn was a jewel of a guide, making sure that we got to see tons of wildlife and set the hook a few times, despite the best efforts of the crappie and bass."

WTG with your first imprssion on Crappie.com with such a charming personality you'll probably be seeing plenty of folks from here wanting to part with $300 and spend the day with you.

Madracer
02-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow this was intense. Guess I will take all these lil fishies back to sahoma and throw them back. so they can die of old age.

NOT

CrappiePappy
02-14-2009, 01:21 AM

The simplist way to put pics on the website, is to open a free Photobucket account ( Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com) ) and upload your pictures into it ... make sure you choose the "Large 640x480" size option BEFORE you upload any pics !! Then, once you have the photos on your Photobucket album, you can copy/paste the IMG Code link right here in this message box ... and everyone can view the pics.

Pardon the skeptics and critics, as we do get alot of intruders that just want to spam the place, hawk their products, or just stir up trouble ... and some members don't take too kindly to that. Don't let the negativity get to you, several members got off to a bad start, basically in the same way you have, but once engaged in sharing their ideas & experiences with the membership, they've become productive and admired members.

I'm locking this thread, before it gets out of hand. Whenever you get your photos into a hosting site, like Photobucket (there are others), and they're sized to fit a message board (around the 640x480 pixel size), then start another post and show us what you got going on. Join in on the topics of discussion, and share your knowledge and experiences, and let us get to know you, in the meantime. ;)