Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging

I was just wondering what everyones favorite pole to use is for spider rigging. I am really wanting to get me 2 or 3 longer poles that I can use for spider rigging and jigging. I was thinking of going with the B n' M poles, but I wanted to get a consensus before I made the purchase. Thanks.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

BNM Fishing

I like these

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any reason to use poles longer than 8' for spider rigging, or is it just a matter of preference?
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

12'-16' is the most common lenghts because it gets the baits out in front of the boat further as far as poles are concerned i'm looking to upgrade my glass poles to graphite and haven't settled on the exact ones yet,ozark,capps and colemen and wally marshall are all in the running......most likely i'll go with ozark.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Longer rods to get the baits further away from the boat for spooky fish. I just bought 4 of the Silstar Limit series from Monks Crappie. 12 ft rods. 4 for $50. Have not had a chance to put them into action yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 12 14 ft. walley marshall and love them I also have a couple ozark rods 10 or 11ft. I also use 7ft. on the sides, I do what is slow trolling, looks like spider rigging on a small scale been doing it for over 30 years. and love it good luck on your choices

Post Thanks / Like

This might sound like a stupid question, but when you slow troll with your spider rig, do you use your electric trolling motor, or do you troll with your big motor?
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

Slow trolling is done with a trolling motor. You want to move along very slowly. Sometimes you don't move at all. The theory is when you find a school of fish, you hang the baits right in front of them.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.
    I've caught quite of few crappie with ultra lights, jig poles and trolling behind with crankbaits. But this spider rig concept really intriques me. I'd like to learn a bit more about it. I've seen it on tv a couple of times, but they really didn't get into specifics on set up and technique. They just showed the results.

A couple of questions: Do you fish like this year round, or is it a summer/winter technique?
    Live bait, jigs or both?

Seems to me like hang ups would occur frequently, especially with 6 to 8 plus poles hangin off the boat.
    I think Missouri has a 3 pole limit, does Illinois have the same?
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

jigs, minnows, jigs tipped with minnows, all work well year round. Missouri does have a 3 pole limit, however, you can have up to 30 hooks in the water at the same time. You must have your name and address on any method using multiple hooks. Therefore, I use a paint pen and write my name and address on all of my trolling rods. I usually use 4 or 5 poles at a time with 2 hooks or jigs apiece.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast