Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Double jig set up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double jig set up

What is the best way to put two jigs on a line? Do set it up by putting the jigs on the same run of line or do you use a separate piece of line and tie to the jig above? New to this and have not done well on my own so far.

Thanks,

Scott(Beavertail)
    :D="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

If using curl tails on your jigs, put a 3 to 4 foot leader on each and tie onto a common swivel at the end of your line. Now, when putting on the grubs, the curl tails, face one left and one right....if the jigs aren't too heavy, they will pull apart on the troll.

Another way is to tie one on the end of the line, then two feet up the line tie in a loop knot and then tie a slightly heavier jig onto the loop. This is easy to do if you sand the underside of the first jighead, making it lighter and angling it up in the front as you sand so it will ski up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I tie a 1/32oz on bottom, then I move up about 12" - 14" and tie another. I don't like a leader as it can effect feel of the bite. I want to be able to feel the hit immediately and anything that takes the upper jig away from the mainline can effect the feel. JMO

Most of the fish I catch when tieing a double set up, are caught on the upper jig. I had three double fish hook ups last Sunday.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Use a Kentucky rig or use the setup I use on my siggy. Details are on my website.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

you tie a loop knot on the top jig that keeps it away from you're main line

Post Thanks / Like

You can use the rig made popular by Capps & Coleman.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all that replied. I will give these a try. I do not have a boat, but I kinda slow troll in my float tube. It looks like I need to practice on the knots. Thanks again.

Scott
    :D="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SLABurns View Post
    What is the best way to put two jigs on a line? Do set it up by putting the jigs on the same run of line or do you use a separate piece of line and tie to the jig above? New to this and have not done well on my own so far.

Thanks,

Scott(Beavertail)
    Check out the Danger, Danger by Shipahoy41. That is a great rig and it really works!!!

Fishing is an addiction and I'm trying to dose up daily!!!

Post Thanks / Like

just google loop knots and there will be a few for u to choose from. the one i use is the surgeons loop knot. its fast and easy to tie. i use this knot anytime i fish jigs, one or 2. when fishing 2 tie the top jig on with a loop knot and leave a long tag end. then tie your bottom jig about 18" below on the tag end. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Double Duece Jig Head

Here is what I came up with for that situation. You can troll several different colors at a time and don't have the worry about all the leader line tangles from all those extra lines. http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...r/21808021.jpg It is something simple that really works. I hope this helps...Good Fishin'....GF