Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is MTL open yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is MTL open yet?

Does anyone know if any ramps are open at Mark Twain?????? Is it fishable yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I drove out around the lake this past Monday and there was still a lot of ice. We have had nice weather this week so maybe a bunch of it will be gone. flip

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been up for a week. I'd call South Fork Resort or look at their website. (southforkresort.net) I just looked and they have a report as of Weds. that the ice is gone. Didn't say anything about the bite at Twain but did mention the bit at Thomas Hill. Also said they got 1.25" rain and the water should rise. It was at 604, don't know what it is now.

Post Thanks / Like

We tried calling South Fork at the end of last year and he didn't even know if the ramp was open. I was very surprised at that. I did check out the website and fishing report. Thank you very much for that link. Sounds like he is on top of it now. That's a good thing!

Thanks for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Good News

Hi Novice

I was up there yesterday driving around and saw no ice anywhere. I went to Stoutsville, Hwy 107, & Hwy U ramps and all were open although the courtesy ramps were not in place yet.

I did a little fishing from the bank but didn't get a bite. I plan to take the boat up as soon it gets dry enough to get it out of the yard. Maybe I'll see you up there.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for that information! With the ice out the next challenge becomes getting them to bite! I'm HUNGRY for Crappie!!!