Thread: badin fish advisory

Post Thanks / Like

Default badin fish advisory

wonder if they tested crappie or stripers for contamination

Published: Feb 12, 2009 04:05 AM
    Modified: Feb 12, 2009 04:06 AM
    Officials warn about eating fish from Badin Lake
    The Associated Press Comment on this story
    RALEIGH, N.C. - A fish consumption advisory is in effect for Badin Lake, where high chemical levels pose a potential problem to consumers.
    N.C. Division of Public Health officials said Wednesday that large mouth bass and catfish in the lake, located between Stanly and Montgomery counties, had elevated PCB levels. PCBs are chemicals formerly used as coolants and transformer lubricants that were released into the environment through manufacturing or improper disposal and storage of electrical equipment.
    Since 2006, the fish have been under statewide and regional mercury advisories. Officials advise pregnant or nursing women or children under 15 not to eat from the lake. Others should not eat more than one weekly meal including fish from the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading about all that. I've also got a trip planed to go to the Baidn Lake Camp Ground with about 30 Boy Scouts on a fishing trip in April. We will be working on our fishing Merit Badges and will likely catch some catfish. Cleaning and cooking are some of the requirements. So..........
    I don't fish because I want to, I fish because I HAVE to !

Moma tried real hard.