Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinking Structure on MTL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinking Structure on MTL

I was really hoping to sink some cedar trees and wood structure in MTL. I will be placing the trees and wood in 5 gallon buckets, then adding quickrete to help them sink. Does anyone know if this is allowed in MTL, do I need a special permit or can I just do it? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, I just signed up on Photobucket so I will be able to post pictures (WOO-HOO). I live in Hannibal, MO so if anyone wants to hook up and catch crappie just let me know. I have a boat, but I am willing to ride with someone else. It doesn't matter to me. Thanks for the help and consider ourselves lucky to have a site that not only cares about the sport of crappie fishing, but also cares about each other. Great Site!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You better call the corps 573-735-4097 I think they will say we better not catch you.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Great News!! I just talked to the Corps of Engineers for MTL and they said that dropping structure in MTL is allowed. I told him that I would be putting the trees in 5 gallon buckets with quickrete and dropping them and he said that is fine. I do have to get a permit, which he said to just come by the office and he would write me one. The office is located about 1/4 mile north of the dam on route J. He also said that he would give me a map to show me where I can drop them, because there are certain areas you can not put structure in. This is great as I have always wanted to drop structure in this lake, but just never took the time to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ill be darned. Be sure nobody else see's were you put them.:D
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

He was also supposed to remind you that once you sink the structure, you're required to post up the gps coordinates here... :D
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiescott View Post
    Great News!! I just talked to the Corps of Engineers for MTL and they said that dropping structure in MTL is allowed. I told him that I would be putting the trees in 5 gallon buckets with quickrete and dropping them and he said that is fine. I do have to get a permit, which he said to just come by the office and he would write me one. The office is located about 1/4 mile north of the dam on route J. He also said that he would give me a map to show me where I can drop them, because there are certain areas you can not put structure in. This is great as I have always wanted to drop structure in this lake, but just never took the time to ask.
    scott
    u might want to ask him if the areas are public to view.i am placeing some here on smithville and had to get the permits also and they told me that i can place them on the main lake but it would them become public and that i would have to give them gps and show them where they are placed,but if i take them up the rivers past the bridges then i would nly have to show them a 100 yd area that i am goin to put them in but not have to give them any gps. so u might want to check into that

Post Thanks / Like

Default MTL structure

I was told that I am not required to give them GPS coordinates, but there are certain areas that you are not allowed to drop structure. Like I said before I am always up for fishing with other people and fishing over the structure I drop is not a problem for me to show you. All I ask is don't abuse it and do the same in return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by champ202 View Post
    scott
    u might want to ask him if the areas are public to view.i am placeing some here on smithville and had to get the permits also and they told me that i can place them on the main lake but it would them become public and that i would have to give them gps and show them where they are placed,but if i take them up the rivers past the bridges then i would nly have to show them a 100 yd area that i am goin to put them in but not have to give them any gps. so u might want to check into that

I called the Parks Dept at Smithville and they told me that I could not put anything in the lake. Who did you call?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post

I called the Parks Dept at Smithville and they told me that I could not put anything in the lake. Who did you call?
    i called to corp of eng. and also jake with canservation dept and had sum help from gary. i was told that they give out 50 permits a yr and i grabed 15 of them, but i am also putting piles out on main lake points for public use also

Post Thanks / Like

Good job,champ.Iffin ya want to drop a few around the plattsburg ramp,that would be considerd river section....just a thought(hint,hint)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast