Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Question where to fish

i'm new to the area(catonsville) and want to do some sure fishing for crappie. where should i go?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board I fish the eastern shore (across the ches. bay bridge) but used to catch crappies over there at Liberty res. People catch em at Loch raven from the bridge , the belle grove rd. ponds have some and piney run res. does too. Hunter , Dre and MDcrappie are all from over that way they could probably help ya out. Centenial lake in Howard co. used to have some big crappies in it that was in the late 80's though don't know what its like now. Capt. mike on this board is a guide on the Potomac about 1hr. from ya. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Lakers - You gotta boat? If you do head up to Harford County. Mariner Point Pk.

You can also head down to the Potomac and hit the cove on the Md side above the WW Bridge. (The Spoils)

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sorry i should have mentioned no i do not have boat.where are the belle grove rd ponds

Post Thanks / Like

Belle Grove Rd off of Ritchie Hwy in Brooklyn Park ponds on down on the right.

Or B&A Blvd to Bell Grove Rd. make the right and ponds are down on the left.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to our MD message board.
    I'm near you in Laurel MD. This is my second year Crappie fishing, but the folks on this web site, and this message board especially have always been willing to share their knowledge. It's working for me and I'm sure will work for you also.
    My two main fishing locations, Tridelphia and Little Seneca Lake both close during the Winter so I have been inactive for the past month. Spent that time trying to wittle down my "honey do list" from the wife and scouting walk-in fishing spots (smaller lakes and ponds) for those times when I want to leave the boat behind.
    Got a growing list of smaller waters to include Wilde Lake (Columbia Mall), Cash Lake and Lake Allen in the Patuxent Wildlife Reserve off HWY 198 in Laurel, Lake Artemesia (Behind the U of M on US 1), and Warfield Pond (just North of Tridelphia on HWY 97).
    Gas prices dropped for a while and I went a bit overboard :-)
    Hope the leads help to get you started and be sure to stay in contact with us all from MD. These are some sho nuf good fishermen (especially our Eastern Shore Crew) and we can both learn much from them.
    Hit me on my cell at (410) 948-4145 if you find them and I'll be sure to return the favor when I run up on Crappie or Bluegill.
    Again, welcome to the board.

Tear-em-up: I never did hear back from Dre' but did confirm that Lake Allen is located at the Patuxent Wildlife Reserve and is not restricted to military ID card holders only. Haven't personally gone there yet but will try to get out there this weekend if the weather and time hold up. Dont you, Crabbratwurst, and G-Duck catch all the fish because we are going to make a raid on your shore one day :-) Always glad to hear of you all catching them.
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Lakers - You can always fish Loch Raven from the Dulaney Valley Road bridge. Probably only about 25 minutes from you. Just remember to bring a 5gal bucket or stool to stand on. Watch the regulars and you'll catch on quick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Hunter. Went Fri. night to our after dark shore spot only got 8 but they were 12-14'' bout 1 1/2 hrs. Went in the boat today did ok but nothing like its been caught alot of small ones got 23 good ones one bass , 3 y.perch. Water temp rose to 48 down here 38 last week fish seem to have spreadout . Bout time to hit some of our small water spots. Last winter we had a little slow down after the good mid winter bite then it picked back up . Temps are supposed to be cool this week that may drop water temps back and bunch em up again.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info.i also keep hearing about yellow perch are they in season?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Maryland just opened up all waters 9'' min. 10 fish per person per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast