Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 2/11

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Smithville 2/11

Welp....I broke the seal on the 2009 crappie season. Caught a few this evening off the docks at Paradise. Another fella was fishin as well and we musta got there too late....cause bout 5:15 they wernt hungry no more.

Was nice to stretch a line and do some perch jerkin!:D

Moving my lift from Paradise to Camp Branch in the morning....gonna throw the pole in to give em a go again tomorrow.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lesson: Never wuss out!!

Man, I planned on fishing there all week, but the weather here was so windy and nasty with rain I decided not to head to the airport early to fish. I waited and no sooner than when I was 20 min. heading to KC, the clouds disappeared, the wind was down and as I drove by there It was getting dark but the weather was beautiful.
    Thanks to all you guys and especially joedog for the great 411 in your posts and pm's.
    NEVER Wuss out !!
    Q
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

okay, so can anyone fish off paradise and camp branch docks - free/cost? do you just walk on and fish the slips...

Post Thanks / Like

At camp branch The slips are locked by a gate that slip renters have a code to access. the other docks are connected to the marina. Check with the marina folks, they don't open until 8:00 am before that I don't think there is anyone there to stop you but it could trespassing I suppose.
    Last edited by rugsrme; 02-12-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: specified camp branch docks and marina
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

WTG krazy we have yet to brake in the new year. Soon I hope. They are calling for freezeing rain here sat mor. SO looks like another work day.

Post Thanks / Like

Its always nice to knock off the rust..........congrats.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugsrme View Post
    At camp branch The slips are locked by a gate that slip renters have a code to access. the other docks are connected to the marina. Check with the marina folks, they don't open until 8:00 am before that I don't think there is anyone there to stop you but it could trespassing I suppose.
    On 2/11 I stopped out at Camp Branch for a bit. Talked to the boys in the marina. Paid them the $3 fee and asked about the bite. They said some limits were caught on 2/10 but we didn't do squat on Tuesday. Couple dinks is all.

But I asked them about protocol for getting out there before they're open. He said you can feel free to fish and when they open, just stop in for a snack or a cup of coffee and settle up then. Seems fair enough to me!

They said they'll be there through March for sure, and then depending on how cool it still is, may extend it into April. After that they shut it down until fall.

WGF, if you want to go sometime, PM me and we'll set it up. My schedule's a little tight but we should be able to work somethin' out....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin View Post
    okay, so can anyone fish off paradise and camp branch docks - free/cost? do you just walk on and fish the slips...
    Gotta be a slip holder to fish Paradise......that or know somebody that is a slip holder.

If you boat in a jump off yer boat to fish the docks without either of the two previous mentioned situations....the Rangers can write you a ticket for trespassing.

Fished again yesterday at the docks and caught several dinks and two keepers. Motored the death barge up the Camp Branch arm and caught 3 more keepers.

Today Mother Nature decided to give us winter again.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I am the king of "you should of been here yesterday" when it comes to the docks. We have one and only use it for fishing as we do not even keep our boat there most of the time. If I only had a dollar for everytime we get a chance to go and one of the guys tells me I should of been there yesterday. I guess that is the same for most folks and thats why we keep going back. For the days when yesterday becomes today!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a bar down here that we use as a landmark to make our turn.For 22 years now it has a sign painted on the outside wall

"Free beer tomorrow..."....tomorrow never gets here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast