Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Orange lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Orange lake

Caught 50 fish on Orange lake yesterday. Fished from 7:30am to 11:00am then had to take boat out and sit out storm for an hour but went out after it passed and fished somemore. Bought 6dz minnows and actually used them all, never done that before in one day. I was tipping jigs with them, to tell you the truth dont think I needed too. We were right out in the middle of the lake in 13 ft of water fishing about 2 to 8 ft deep. Made alot of people at the boat ramp think twice about only fishing for specks in the winter. Fished around hydrilla about 6in below surface, right out in the middle of the lake, fished both sides of it and sometimes ran right through, there were fish every where. Almost all of them were 3/4 to 1lb 1/4 and 50% of them still had a little row in them. Well just thought Id let you know, Just remember the fish only bite in the winter..............lol..............

Post Thanks / Like

They will be good eating should not let the winter fishers know you can catch them in the summer. Might get crowded but I would have to let them see them too. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

WTG !
    Am heading out saltwater this morning, almost makes me change my mind and turn left toward the lake rather than turn right toward the lagoon.
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Question About Orange Lake

Tell me about the conditions. The last time I was at the lake it was almost dry.
    I understand that after all the rains the last couple years it has re=filled.
    Is it back to normal? Sounds like the crappie population did not suffer with the low water.
    Joe

QUOTE=bnwbassman]Caught 50 fish on Orange lake yesterday. Fished from 7:30am to 11:00am then had to take boat out and sit out storm for an hour but went out after it passed and fished somemore. Bought 6dz minnows and actually used them all, never done that before in one day. I was tipping jigs with them, to tell you the truth dont think I needed too. We were right out in the middle of the lake in 13 ft of water fishing about 2 to 8 ft deep. Made alot of people at the boat ramp think twice about only fishing for specks in the winter. Fished around hydrilla about 6in below surface, right out in the middle of the lake, fished both sides of it and sometimes ran right through, there were fish every where. Almost all of them were 3/4 to 1lb 1/4 and 50% of them still had a little row in them. Well just thought Id let you know, Just remember the fish only bite in the winter..............lol..............[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Default orange lake

Yea, water is really high ever since the hurricanes. Went out today and caught 33 real slow bite today fished all day and the guy I took kept alot of what I say are small ones. They have been spraying alot around the lake for hydrilla and it's kinda clogging up cross creek and some boat ramps but it isnt too much of a problem. I put in at Cross creek bridge and idled up to orange today. Did really good in orange had to come in again because of lightining, then went to loochloosa after storm nothing but small ones there. Yea I guess I shouldn't be talking about all these fish or I will have alot of company huh. Well I'm off specks for a while I think I might go bass fishing tomorrow. Talk at you all later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default orange lake

Talked to a guy at work who went out to orange lake monday and fished with minnows and corks pulled behind the boat, he only caught 5 fish. Just goes to show you jigs are the way to go.