Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: motor help

Post Thanks / Like

Default motor help

hey guys havent been on here in a while, but now that time is fast approaching and the fevers getting BAD i have been checking it out. Question to all, i have a 20 hp tiller motor that needs work, could some one point me in the right direction of some who knows what they are doing and doesent want me to sign over my 1st born to look at it/fix it, i called a local marina and they want $125.00 per labor hour, with my wife recently being layed off from her job thats a little much for me right now. any info would be awesome. hope everyone is well and looking forward to running in to more of you guys on the water this year. God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

jeepguy...go to home page & click on... forum...then look at...
    Mechanics Corner - boats, motors and trailers

good luck!
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Default motor help

Try spraying a little bit of starting fluid in the carborator. If it starts then dies your probably not getting gas, you may need to clean the carborator. If it doesn't start your not getting spark, could be plugs or coil. Try it and let us know. You shouldn't try starting it out of the water, you could damage the water pump.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

I use DryDock when it's something I can't do--which is just about everything