Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody use these rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody use these rods?

For vertical jigging? 2-12' Tackle Plus Pro Jigger 4500 Crappie Jigging Rod* - eBay (item 220333596722 end time Jan-13-09 05:18:48 PST) I have never heard of them and am looking to buy a couple 12 foot poles. I have 10 foot sam super sensitive and realy like them, but I don't want to spend that much cash. Looking for something fairly cheap that will be as sensitive as the sam super's are.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

I think wiskers from the ky board bought a few of them. seems like i remember seeing a post about them.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw in the swap section where guys were talking about these rods. Try the search button at the top for them. They had very good things to say about them. They said that they were great for vertical jiggin but not so good for trolling so they should be fine for you.

Post Thanks / Like

they look like a cheap knock off fly rod to me...i dont like the rods with fly handle seats on them since they dont bal. out right...i would spend a few more bucks and get a rod with a full handle so you can use it for everything
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased 10 of these rods 4 med. action and 6 heavy action.
    All are 12'. The med action is comparable to my 12' B&M bucks jigpole
    Except it is 40+ grams lighter and all as good in quality, If not better!
    They have nice cork handles that are a little thicker than the B&M.
    I use two pieces of 1/2" wide plastic sprinkler system tubing for rings
    to place my reel anywhere on the handle.
    I will either cut off the rear reel seat on some of them or figure out a
    way to cover them up, just haven't done it yet.

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I Respectfully Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieKillerJigs View Post
    they look like a cheap knock off fly rod to me...i dont like the rods with fly handle seats on them since they dont bal. out right...i would spend a few more bucks and get a rod with a full handle so you can use it for everything
    I bought 8 of the heavy action rods (6 more after I got the first 2). Gave 4 as gifts and kept 4. I would not call them "heavy" they feel like more of an upper Med. action to me. Great for deeper water where you might have some additional line stretch. I personally like the rear reel seat. To me the extra weight, that far back seems to balance the rod plus the line is under my fingers when I have the rod in hand which helps detect the strike.

The quality of the rod is amazing for the price. I have fished them & they are very sensitive and when I set the hook it drives'er home. I have watched the rod bow under load and it has good even distribution. The rod guides are all on the rod straight and are good quality. The finish is as slick as any top end rod I've got.

As far as "use them for everything..." I'm assuming you are refering to spider rigg'n or trolling. There is some question about using these rods in rod holders due to where the reel seat is located. They will work fine in the "gun slinger" type or the Tite Lok 5610L/R's. If you are long lineing and have to retrieve line after the fish is hooked they are a little awkward to reel, due to the reel being behind your non cranking hand.

I mainly got them for fish'n buddies (sometimes they're a little ruff on the equipment if ya know what I mean) to use, but since I've used them I actually prefer them to my BNM's (tired of replacing tips).

I would highly recommend them. If you ask any of my buddies they'll tell you that if it's junk I'll be the first to call it junk!
    Last edited by Wiskers; 02-11-2009 at 06:01 AM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

These are very good rods for the money, the rear mount seat does help balance the rig out. If this is not suited to your setup, just pull out the little seat plug and install an extension [an old rod handle works great] this rod is pretty hefty for a 12' , the only drawback is these were a closeout from Silstar, once their gone....no more I hear.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen many people jig w/ rods w/ that style reel seat. I always thought it looked far more comfortable.
    What would that type seat actually be called if I were looking to buy that style?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Got Me

Quote Originally Posted by Micropterus salmoides View Post
    I've seen many people jig w/ rods w/ that style reel seat. I always thought it looked far more comfortable.
    What would that type seat actually be called if I were looking to buy that style?
    Man you got me. Good question. I'm stumped. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

rear seated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast