Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixie Slabs - Check It Out!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dixie Slabs - Check It Out!!

These are all 3 1/2 lbs each and caught at Grenada Reservoir, MS in April 2004. This is a real mount; not resin replicas.
    Thanks for looking, spiderrigman
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 01-04-2006 at 12:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    These are all 3 1/2 lbs each and caught at Grenada Reservoir, MS in April 2004. This is a real mount; not resin replicas.
    Thanks for looking, spiderrigman
    Awesome slabs spiderrigman. Many fisherman never reach that goal, myself included. My biggest is 3lb, 1oz, but I'm still looking to catch a bigger one. :D Thanks for the post!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Spiderrigman, That is a nice mount! The deer in the background is nice also. My wife just caught one this past weekend that went between 2 and 2 1/2 lbs, that I am getting mounted for her. I didn't have a scale but the fish measured 15 inches. She has got me beat. The biggest one I have caught has been 13 inches (caught the same time she caught the 15 incher) but I plan on that changing soon LOL! :D Again nice mount. Looks like you have a good taxedermist.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready to bite!

Beautiful fish!! I just wonder what would happen to a 4" shad if he came around your left shoulder!! Thanks for sharing.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Nice specks there Spiderrigman.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice slabs....great to see that they came from my hometown lake. Congrats to you on that triple!
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up real nice....

...thems some beautiful slabs.....YOU are my new hero!!! :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Great googily moogily dem dare sum sho nuff slabs. Congrats to ya. When you see a fish that size coming to the boat your heart speeds up. When you realize it is really a crappie the adrenaline is pumping and the net can't get under it fast enough. It is a moment I hope you all get to experience. Some of us are lucky to have a lake with slabs of that size. Where as a 2 pounder is not that special to me, on some lakes it would be the the catch of the year.

Did you catch them on the same day? I have two 3 1/2 pounders in the freezer waiting on the cash to mount them but they were caught 3 months apart. They were caught within 200 yds of the other. hmmm Wonder where one of my favorites spots is located.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

My ex son inlaw caught one about 3 1/2 lbs. My boat, my tackle, my minnows........ I never did like him and that didn't help one bit! I caught one back in the mid sixties on a rapala bass fishing that measured 18" of course being a diehard bass fisherman I was not impressed. Go figure. 20 more days til the fish fry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast