Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fun on a water shed lake for a few minutes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun on a water shed lake for a few minutes

Man the crappie sure were cold yesterday. Go to take one off the hook, They were like Ice. But then again this lake was 36 degrees 2 weeks ago.. Caught 5 in the row. Man they hit hard. Then missed 5 in a row. After that the wind hit the mark that me and the lund could not hold on the spot.
    Found them with the HumminBird SI. Big ball of Bait fish then the crappie about the same depth. Water was 23 ft deep. Fish were 10 ft. Stacked in like Super Bowl fans looking for tickets. Think they were enjoying the 70 degree days. Also surface temps were 48 when I put the boat in yesterday. If you were out of the wind. But get where the winds were blowing it. And it was back to 41 degrees.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Found them with the HumminBird SI. Big ball of Bait fish then the crappie about the same depth. Pete
    What, no snapshot to share with us? :D It is neat to see how the fish ball up this time of year. I had no idea. Here's one of my favorite snapshots with a school of fish under a school of bait fish.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Man the crappie sure were cold yesterday. Go to take one off the hook, They were like Ice. But then again this lake was 36 degrees 2 weeks ago.. Caught 5 in the row. Man they hit hard. Then missed 5 in a row. After that the wind hit the mark that me and the lund could not hold on the spot.
    Found them with the HumminBird SI. Big ball of Bait fish then the crappie about the same depth. Water was 23 ft deep. Fish were 10 ft. Stacked in like Super Bowl fans looking for tickets. Think they were enjoying the 70 degree days. Also surface temps were 48 when I put the boat in yesterday. If you were out of the wind. But get where the winds were blowing it. And it was back to 41 degrees.
    Pete
    Lexington?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom don't tell everyone LOL
    Did save a snapshot. Or thought I did, until I went to take the card out. It was not in the unit. Man you could see each fish around the ball. It was the best one I have seen in 4 years of using this unit.
    If this wind will lay down I hope to get my Father in law into a bunch of crappie. There not big. avrage 8 to 10" but man they were nailing it. Bad part was I did not find them until about the last 15 minutes of light.
    May go back and fish with lights in the water and see what happens.
    Pete