Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gulp Alive Minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulp Alive Minnows

Have you used them? How do you fish and rig them, and what success?

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy and I bought them less than a week ago. Fishing has been slow so thought we'd try the Gulp Alive Minnows. He has the natural color, so I opted for chatruese. As I said, it has been slow. The one time we used them he caught one crappie and a bass. I had two light bumps. We were only on the water for three hours. We believe they will work once it warms up a little and the spawn starts. We were vertical fishing and rigged them just as any minnow. This may not have helped you much, but it is my one and only experience with them. The jury is still out, but I am optimistic they will work.
    Last edited by Gansett; 02-11-2009 at 08:27 AM.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy bought two jugs of 'em and so far they have not "started a feedin frenzy". Plain ol tube jigs fished from back of boat produced better. I'm glad HE bought them and not I.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried some Gulp Alive baits for crappie on several occaisions and have not had much success at all. One trip they weer all I had (no minnows) and caught nothing. On another trip we caught a few with them. Bite improved signficantly once somebody shared live minnows with us. I am not impressed although will keep a couple packs in my tacklebox for when I have nothing else at all. Kinda expensive though.
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ibought some about a year ago and they didn't work for me and the bucket leaked the juice all in my boat.Save your $20.00.

Post Thanks / Like

No luck with them, but I soaked some of my favorite grubs in them and caught fish on them.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the other end of the scale. I caught more fish on black shad gulp minnows than I ever have. I usually put them on a 1/16th chartreuse jig and fished them under a float at all depths. Did not work as well during the spawn, but once the water and air temps hit the 60's plus, they loved them.
    :D="Arial Black"][/FONT]