Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Vincennes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vincennes

Anybody got any info on a small lake or pond close to vincennes that a kid could fish? Son is in school there and I told him i would ask you guys on crappie.com they will know a place you could go. Thank you in advance for all info. Lake Crisco

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing he's got a car but needs to fish from shore??? He should check out the Glendale FWA about 7 miles south of Washington (maybe 25 miles from Vincennes). Quite a few ponds. Goose Pond is fishable from shore, warms early and has bluegill, bass, and crappie. Dogwood Lake is about 1500 acres and there are rental boats available. Good bluegill, redear, and crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vincennes

Glendale is an excellent place to go fish. Dove Hollow is a release only on bass, but does have a good panfish pop, and can be fished from bank. Dogwood Lake is 1400 acres and does offer boat rental, no motor though. Lake has a 10 hp limit but you can fish a lot of the lake with troling motor only. Has a good bass pop, and is very good for bluegill and crappie. Have fished this lake for 30 years. PM me with your address and I will send you some jigs that we use on this lake. Go to Indiana F&W on net and you can find a map of area and lake and ponds.
    DR Fish

Post Thanks / Like

I had a home in Washington from 1993-2000 but I LIVED at Glendale day in and day out. Learned to fish it and duckhunted it hard. Then I moved to southern IL. By a strange twist of fate my daughter and her family are in the process of moving back so I'm going to get reacquainted with the place only this time I have much better equipment than I did when I was a Dad with 4 kids in HS and college. I fished the Goose Pond on the property several days a week each spring until I actually had a boat to fish Dogwood. Hate to see the grandkids move 3 hours away but will probably hit Glendale a couple times a month now.

Post Thanks / Like

Try West Booggs at Loogootee.

Post Thanks / Like

OK heng2466le12, I'll bite. What the heck does the symbol/number thing mean. I've noticed your replies on a few posts here today. You've got me curious.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckWick View Post
    OK heng2466le12, I'll bite. What the heck does the symbol/number thing mean. I've noticed your replies on a few posts here today. You've got me curious.
    I think the postings were all spam.

Post Thanks / Like

Sullivan Lake is also very near to Vincennes as well. Give it a try I am goin to this spring.

Pepper
    Jeremiah 29:11

God says he has plans for me.