Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question about posting pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about posting pics

Why does sometimes when I post pics they pop up on the message like they are supposed to and sometimes they show up as a link? I am doing it the same way everytime and lately they have been showing as a link. Yeah, I know about photobucket and all that, but wondering why the variation?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i use photobucketand dont have any probablem . guess it one of them puter thinges
    retired and now i will always fish

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I notcied anytime I upload more than 1 picture, it puts them as a link. It may have to do with the amount memory the board has for such things.
    Post one at a time. A picture per reply I guess.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question You want to do this --- ?

Just make sure that you copy & paste the addresses with a couple of hits on the "Enter" button between them .... and that there is an IMG marker at the beginning & end of the address (and not a URL marker). The letters - IMG - at the beginning of the address, should be bracketed by the two lower case brackets to the right of the letter P, on your keyboard ... these -> [ ] ... and at the end of the address you will have ... /IMG ... bracketed by the same lower case brackets. If the brackets contain the letters URL ... the picture will come out as a link to the picture, and clicking on it will open up a new window (since you are, in effect, going to another "address") and the link to the picture will be shown on here, like this -
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...Smallmouth.jpg
    (if you want to see which way your "picture" will show in your post ... just click on the "Preview Post" button. The top "post" area should show a picture, if you have the address between IMG markers ... and a link, if the address is between URL markers. You can edit/fix in the lower, original post area - then click on the Preview Post button, again, to see the changes and determine if the post will come out like you want. When you get it the way you want it - clicking on either of the "Submit" buttons will print your post to the site)

URL = Uniform Resource Locator (note "locator", meaning "address" finder)
    IMG = Image (meaning picture - that should appear at current location)

And David is correct, to a point ... pictures do take up a lot of site "space" (resources), whereas links do not (but still allow the pictures to be seen with a single click). The end results are the same. It's just more site friendly to use links, and allows dial-up users to access the forum/thread without having to wait for a long "load" period. ................. cp