Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: no more gas

Post Thanks / Like

Default no more gas

i went to tablerock this weekend and ihad to make a couple stops for gas,they were all out .so tonight i found this when i got back home

INDEPENDENCE, Kan. -- Crescent Oil Company Inc., a fuel supplier for six Midwest states, has filed for bankruptcy, citing volatile fuel prices and expenses tied to opening new convenience stores.

The Independence-based firm filed for Chapter 11 protection from creditors in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Kansas City, Kansas, on Saturday. A spokesman for the company did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Monday.

In court documents, the company said it and its subsidiaries had a total of $85.3 million in assets and $88.8 million in liabilities at the time of its bankruptcy filing.

The past two years have been financially rough for the company, it said in the documents, with $12.8 million in estimated losses last year and $3.5 million in 2007. The 2008 losses, which came on $910 million in revenue, were blamed on "extremely volatile fuel prices and margins," as well as more than $2 million in losses from acquiring and developing new convenience stores. The company said it also had to deal with high interest rates and financing costs.

The bankruptcy comes after several retailers in the Midwest last week reported not receiving regularly scheduled deliveries of fuel. Crescent refused to comment on the reports at the time.

Crescent distributes fuel to more than 340 locations in Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois and Louisiana. The company is a wholesale supplier of Conoco-Phillips, Shell, Valero and British Petroleum gasoline.

It listed its largest unsecured creditors as fuel suppliers Shell, which is owed $6.8 million; Conoco-Phillips, which is owed $3.6 million; CHS Inc., which is owed $915,224; Apex Oil Co., which is owed $539,951; and Diamond-Valero, which is owed $452,406. Crescent also owes the Kansas Department of Revenue's Motor Fuel Tax Section $4.3 million.

The company said it has 288 salaried and hourly employees, the majority of whom work in its convenience stores.

Crescent Oil, established in 1987, was bought last October by Richardson, Texas-based Titan Global Holdings Inc. A spokesman for Titan did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

so u might want to gas up before u head to the lake

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into this problem Friday while trying to get Gas between Stillwell and Fort Scott Kansas.