Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coming to MO...want to fish a little

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coming to MO...want to fish a little

Hey folks..I am coming to MO the week of July 24, 05 and would like some info on where to fish on Table Rock Lake and Lake Taneycomo.
    I would like to try some smallmouth fishing, have never tried it. Also would like to do a little trout fishing. I will be staying at the Grand Victorian hotel in Branson that week. My wife and her aunt and uncle will be sight seeing :rolleyes: and I really don't care to do the sight seing thing, not unless it has something to do with fishing or hunting. :D
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    M. L.
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know much about either place but try going to www.lilleyslanding.com or www.ozarkanglers.com, they have quite a bit of information on both places. also, www.conservationcafe.com is a missouri cafe that has quite a few knowledgable guys who could probably help you. good luck.
    p.s. welcome to the board
    Last edited by adamr; 06-30-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Stickum,
    One of our family vacations every year is to Table Rock around the end of July. For Smallmouth I have had the best luck down there with 3/8 oz. buzz baits around the islands with pea gravel early in the morning until around 7:30 am then i carolina rig a pumpkin seed grub off of the points until around 10 am or so. I have never tried the crappie down there being my home lake is stained at best and table rock is what i would call gin clear most of the time i have been there. When i can see the bottom of the lake and the depth finder says 12 feet that is really clear to me! My home lake i can't see the bottom when the depth is 1 foot! Another good color down there for small mouth is a wee R in the clear with metal flake color and work is fast!
    Hope this helps- i am not an expert on the lake but i can catch enough to keep me interested anyways!

Good Fishin to ya

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man thats some great info, Thanks guys. I am certainly going to take a notebook with me to remember this stuff.
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

Listen to Adam, go to Lilleys Landing and get the number give Phil a call and he will set you up on Taneycomo whether you want a guide or not. There are some very helpful guys for Table Rock also and Phil can tell you who they are.

Seriously the best phone call you will make and I wouldn't waste my time on the conservation cafe.

fishin

Post Thanks / Like

For that part of the world you are addressing, Phil will point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default amen

A big amen to that fishin the cafe is a waste of space. Hey stickem hope you catch a big crappie this weekend to replace that carp you are holding in the picture

Post Thanks / Like

Yes dont waste your time or effort with the conservation cafe.

Lilleys landing is a big help on the trout fishing in that area. Also there are a few other flyshops/tackle shops in downtown by the water that can help you out. On the trout fishing if you dont have a boat or not going to rent one. The best fishing is below the dam with waders for rainbows. And wading in downtown branson is good also. Just becareful the water can be very deep in spots. You didnt say what methods to trout fishing you are planning on doing? If you spin cast for trout pick up your self a couple of the super dupers these have never failed me at the trout fishing. Silver with the chrome tape are my favorites. If you are going to boat it, the go to bait is the berkley power bait rigs. These rigs can be made yourself or bought at Lilleys. The are a 3-way swivle with a 1/4oz bell sinker on 12" tag line. Then with #12 treble hook tied to a 24" tag line then take the power bait and roll it into a ball just bigger than the treble hook. Use 2 poles or 3 if you feel spunky. And use different color of the bait until you find what they want. Let out and run your line at 30 degree angle or so. And just let them bottom bounce at first its tough to figure out if you got a bite or not with the rods tips bouncing but after a while you will figure it. These are the best things to do when they are running water and drifting with the current. Once your find a hole that have some in just motor back up and drift back over it. Good luck to ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for a trout fishing trip, then theirs only two people that you need to contact. The first is Brett at Chartered Waters Guide Service on Lake Tanneycomo. I fished with Brett this spring and had an absolute blast. Very knowledgable and respected by others in the area. He also has a friend that they share customers with when one is to busy who works out of the Orvis store on your way to the dam on the right. Brett's prices might seem a little steep to some, but this was my first time to Tanneycomo and he definately made a believer out of me. The good thing about his service is that if you're not satisfied, you don't have to pay. Brett can be reached at <www.charteredwaters.com>. Good luck on Table Rock, very deep, very clear, very tough without local knowledge! Have a great trip and enjoy Branson.

P.S.- Don't forget to stop at the BBQ joint on your way to the dam from Branson on the right at the bottom of the hill. AMAZING!

Rattler

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the info guys...I will be using it to plan my trip. Have not had time yet to contact anyone, but plan on getting all this taken care of this week.
    Thanks again and good fishin to ya all.