Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking back in!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking back in!

Well guys I haven't been on the computer very much lately. I have been getting ready for my crappie club finals. We had out last regular season tournament last Saturday. I was able to hold my spot in the top ten out of 51 teams this year and I'm very pleased with that. I finished 10th which is 9 spots better than last year. Not a bad finish for only fishing competitive for the second year. Our finals are in 2 weeks at a lake that I'm very famialiar with. I have set out 5 tops that already have fish on them. I hope they pay off and I can get a piece of the $22,500 we will be fishing for.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck to ya. Let us know how it plays out.

Hold ya mouth right! "L"
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey Slab .....

luck2ya in your tourney trail endeavors !!

What "club" do you belong to, that puts up over 22 grand in prize money ??? ...... LOL!! ........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey MS Slab,

Is that the Magnolia Crappie Club Tourney. I have been thinking about trying to join and fish those tourneys. I need to get a littl;e trolling experience under my belt first. Just bought a few rods and rod holders and some grizzly jig set-ups to start with. I ma thinking about trying to troll a little next week at Ross Barnett and maybe Bee Lake. Also thinking about trying Chotard.

What do you think and can you offer me any tips on set-up and tackle to use?

Good Luck on the tourney and I hope you take first place! Is that Tourney at Wolf Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

JigMaster that is the Magnolia Crappie Club. This is my second year to fish with them and I love it. I only have 3 years or so of trolling under my belt but without sounding to over the top. I believe I have it down. I tie my own leaders so I'm not familiar with the ones you are taling about. I will be glad to give you some tips on trolling the Rez or Chotard. I haven't fished Bee any.

Crappiepappy - You ask what kind of crappie club pays out that type of money. I say the best crappie club in the country!!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up LOL !!! Mississippi Slab

You've either got a lot of members, or one heck of a entry fee ....LOL!!! Now that's what I call some "serious" Crappie Tournament anglers :D

All kidding aside ... congrats on your top 10 finish - and "Luck2ya" in your Classic (finals) !! ........cp

Post Thanks / Like

crappiepappy - We have 140 members and 100 or so sponsors. Sponsors range from $150-$1500. We fished 11 regular season tournaments this year. Entry fee is $80 a boat. Many of the towns we fish in give our club money as well for holding tournaments in their town. Just like they do if crapieUSA or crappiemasters holds a tournament. I'm very lucky to be part of an organization like Magnolia Crappie Club.
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Slab, Good Luck to ya buddy-hope ya place in the top!!!Good Fishin To Ya!!!Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds similar to the Southern Crappie Association. That classic this year gave away almost $50,000.00 in cash and prizes at their classic. Good luck on you classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Gitterdun There Slab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast