Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what we have here is a failure to communicate

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy what we have here is a failure to communicate

Howdy Buckeyes & Buckettes!!!

I guess that everyone is out catching fish, working, on vacation, or just sittin' around scratchin' thier butts. last post here before this was 6/12. thought that ya'll were a bit more communicative than this. oh, well main board is ok, do like to get some local ideas and inputs.
    oh, well enjoy the whatever it is that ya'll are doin'... tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Cool It's been slower than the 7 year itch here

Between weather conditions, other obligations and the bizaar weather we had this spring, we missed the short (and what I hear, split) crappie spawn. None of the fishing reports in the general area include much in the way of crappie. Catfish, howeve,r are great at GLSM and guys trolling deep for saugeyes at Cowan are getting hit with muskies. We've been moslty bass and bluegill fishing at Rush Run. Bass are deep for the most part with water temps in the low 80's..

We're heading to Acton at O-dark-thirty on Saturday to try to find some crappie in the deep channel. We also hope to spend a late afternoon and evening on Sunday at Rush run fishing for bass and gills. That lake is just beautiful in the evening and a birdwatcher's paradise if there aren't a lot of people around.

Is that enough communication for you? LOL - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel lonely, the LA board is like a ghost town.....it's been few postings in the last few weeks, and even fewer on fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess most people are busy with yard work, vacations, kids out of school, etc.. Fishing is slow during hot weather so people turn their attention elsewhere. Just the diehards stick it out. It's slow on all the boards this time of the year. I don't get to fish much and I really enjoy reading all of the posts about fishing and techniques on all of the boards. Picked up a lot of information that I hope to try soon. Not much info on hot weather crappie fishing though. It seems that most people fish the spring spawn and hang it up after that. Labil, if I live long enough, I'm going to get to Louisianna and check out the bream fishing. As much as I love crappie fishing catching big bream on a popping bug is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

howdy again;
    well, 3 responces in 4 days, not that bad for a state board, i guess. 1 in state and the other 2 from out of state. looking at the history though it's about average.
    tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by tarfu
    Howdy Buckeyes & Buckettes!!!

I guess that everyone is out catching fish, working, on vacation, or just sittin' around scratchin' thier butts. last post here before this was 6/12. thought that ya'll were a bit more communicative than this. oh, well main board is ok, do like to get some local ideas and inputs.
    oh, well enjoy the whatever it is that ya'll are doin'... tarfu
    Just moved to Ohio. Came up from MO. and was anxious to get out to see how the fishing was.

I'm living in the Athens area now and am glad to report that at least one lake, Dow Lake has a bunch of crappie in it. My wife and I fished Sat. night and again last night on this small lake. Caught 17 nice pan size crappie, a bunch of small ones and 4 beautiful channel cat.

We are glad that to find that we've got some place to crappie fish and with the 9.9 horsepower limit on the lakes around here....pretty quiet fishing.

Fishing is a bit different here than we are used to in the Ozarks of Mo. but crappie are crappie just the same.

Will be getting out again tomorrow night again.

Hoot

Fished
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

howdy hoot; welcome to the "greater Athens area" i live over by Albany, have you tried Burr Oak yet? if or when you do go up by the dam port side of the lake up that way. if you get a chance stop by the local dist. hq for dnr on e. state st. they have maps available (free), welcome to appelacheia, you can contact me at [email protected] tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Ohio, Hoot!
    I'm spoiled with these small lakes that let you listen to and watch the birds or other wildlife while fishing. You're in the prettiest part of the state and you're in for a treat this fall. It's just beautiful down. Have you checked out Old Man's Cave and the other sites in the Hocking Hills yet? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

howdy all; well, starting to get a bit of chatter going, that's more like it... tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy all. Thanks for the welcome. Haven't had the opportunity to get out to see much of the area yet. As I mentioned I went to Dow lake and had a great time.

Tarfu I want to get over to Burr Oak this weekend. Thanks for the tip on the area to fish. I'll get by and get a map as well. Hopefully I'll run into to you one of these days. Got so much to do getting settled here and work that I've got little time for other things.

Roberta I think your right. This is a very beautiful area. I've lived all over the world but got to say in general the people in this area are very friendly and the small lakes are very special places.

We look forward to getting dug in here and look forward to fishing the many small lakes around. Also I can only imagine how beautiful the fall of the year is. The town of Athens is very beautiful and an interesting and busy community. We are having a great time.

Good to be in Ohio. Look forward to sharing Ohio fishing stories with ya 'all
    "You should have been here yesterday!"