Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use these Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use these Rods

Have any of you used these rods before? HT Jiggin' Stik

I am looking for some 12 foot rods to troll with. I can't decide what I want I am looking at bnm pro staff trollers, bnm capps and coleman, wally marshall tightline special rods, and also the ones above. I have also looked at the crappie wizard poles. I have used those and liked them but the price has gone up on them. I am trying to find the best price for a good pole I can. The heaviest weight I troll with is an ounce and the lightest a 1/16th. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanting to buy 8 of them so I want to make sure I get something that will work and last. Thanks for all the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poles

Check out MonksCrappie.Com, Monk has the best price's that I've seen, and is a good guy. I'l be ordering some new poles soon from Monk myself.
    Get his number off his site and call him, he's very helpfull.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the distance between the handle and the reel seat is a little too long for trolling/spider rigging IMO. I'm sure it's an excellent rod though.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Gamblinman ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Looks like the distance between the handle and the reel seat is a little too long for trolling/spider rigging IMO. I'm sure it's an excellent rod though.

It's not a fixed reel seat. Ad states that it's : 20" long Tennessee handle with sliding reel seat rings. That means you can move the reel to almost any point on the 20 inches of handle. The rings are more for use in moving the reel placement, to balance the rod blank weight with the reel/handle weight ... so that your outfit isn't end heavy/tip heavy.

My biggest concern is the advertisement's statement about the tip being "ultra sensitive". It may be thin, and possibly not built for handling 1oz weights. It is advertised as a "jiggin stik" ... not a trolling rod

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall tightline specials on sale Bass Pro shop 29.50, They have a one year warranty against defects hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

For that range of weights the best rod would be the BnM Pro Staff. The Tightlines are really made more for crankbaits and would be too stiff for the 1/16 oz and the Capps and Colemans are great for light jigs but way too light for the one oz wts. I have 6-8 each of all these rods and have learned from experience that they all have a unique function. The Pro Staffs are real hard to beat for an all-around trolling rod.....you can't go wrong with them.
    From the ARK-LA-MISS Delta....... Crappie Paradise ! ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. I am starting to shy away from the jiggin stik. I want a rod that will be easy to get tip sections for just in case I do break one trolling. I wondered about the handle on the ones above and figured I would have to use electrical tape to hold the reel in place once I had it positioned where I wanted it.

Can someone show me online where bps has the wally marshall tight lines for 29.50?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got two panfish specials, a ten and a twelve. It was labeled twelve, but I see that the eleven is the longest they have offered on that website. Anyhow, I like them pretty good. The ten footer was my go-to for one-jig vert., and used the twelve along with a bnm twelve for two-pole trolling(one-handed). I would guess the ten might be a little light for what you want to do, but the twelve is a little stouter. Broke one tip on the ten footer, and it was replaced.(runnin in chop and anchor got on it)