Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough Day At The Office You Might Say

Post Thanks / Like

Post Rough Day At The Office You Might Say

After finishing up one job about 12:00 noon stopped at the house to eat a bite, About an hour later the phones rings person on the other end want's to know if i am so in so Son of so in so They are calling me to inform me that my mother was admitted into the hospital with her kidneys failing. The kidney doctor gets on the phone and tells me it does'nt look good at all,
    mother has been a semi diabetic for years now No matter what we say or what we do ( we as in family ) She would not take care of herself like she should. We'll it just got worse As i live about 100 miles from my mother it's hard to see her all the time and the fact that we had a diagreement awhile back so it's been a while since i've seen her, I love my mother but we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, My parents were divorced in 87 for personal reasons not cheating or abuse nothing like that. dad remarried an went on with his life. Mom did'nt she waited waited waited. never did get over dad.( Gee guy's i don't know why I'm typing all this stuff i guess i just needed something to do sorry) any how like i said I love my mom and my dad So having a relationship with both of them would be ok WRONG about two years after the divorce mom found out that i was going to see dad which i saw nothing wrong with that but was'nt going to tell her that any how she got mad as heck then when i'd come to see her, She would'nt answer the door if i called shed hang up I guess she thought i had betrayed her.
    not so! before she found out i was going with her and taking her places just like dad. Let me cut to the chase i get a shower drive down to the hospital My uncle meet's me there Whos she's not fond of either We go up to the room talk to the doctor to find out how bad it is then we go into her room Well needless to say nothing is changed she a cussing and a fussing telling us to get out so to keep her from having a massive stroke we walk out in the hall to talk to the doc some more. Ten minuites later a life long freind comes by who i had called to tell him the story comes in while were standing in the hall i told him to go on in Should'nt have done that The first thing out of moms mouth is who the hell told you i was here he said me well IT hit the fan again and she told him to get oout ( you really have to know my mother , She's as ornary as a goat and as stubborn as a mule) I'm at my whit ends she's fighting the doctor everystep of the way she won't talk to any family
    The doctors think's she's crazy, I tell them no, that's my mother the family know's how she is,

I ask you keep my mother and our family in your prayers
    Thank you Crappie lips aka Mark
    Sorry it long, just something i had to get off my chest

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sorry to hear about your mother. I also feel for you with your relation with your mother, I never understand why some couple gets divorced and one or both will pit their kids against the other.

You and your mother will be in our thoughts.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default anytime!

Sorry to hear about all that, but don't you worry a bit about
    posting it - I'm glad to lend an ear anytime you need it!
    Ya'll will be in my thoughts, best wishes
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Mark. Prayers are with ya.

You describing your mom, was just like describing my mom.......seems that my mom feels the same way as yours. I live next door to my dad and my mom hates it, but every time I try to make peace with her she stirs up some kinda stuff between my dad and I, or my wife and I.
    I guess she ain't happy and don't think anyone else should be either.

Oh well, all we can do is pray for them and know in our heart that we still love them even though we don't see eye to eye.

Good luck to ya Mark, I know what your going thru bro.
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts are with you Mark. I accepted that fact a long time ago that you can love someone without liking him (or her) so, you just do what feels right in your heart and let God (or whoever you believe in) handle the rest.

Take care.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

You know there crappie66, There does'nt have to be a point to anything!
    I just needed an ear. My granddad used to say, If you can't say anything good about someone, Just don't say anything at all. (enough said)

As for the rest of you guys and Gal's, Thank's for the ear

They put her on the dialysis machine and gave her 2 units of blood. They had to sudate her as she was fighting them the hole way. Had to restrain her cause she was trying to pull the port out of herself. They got her heart rate and pulse back close to normal, Her breathing is better
    Vonna'' There is only one, He is the great I AM LORD OF LORDS
    Thanks for your prayers Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie66
    And??????????????

The point of the story?????????????
    I believe the point is he is looking for somewhere to express his heart-felt emotions and desire to have people pray for his family as they go through this rough time.

Just a guess though.

And I agree, there is ONLY ONE GOD whether you choose to accept that fact or not. Unfortunately for those that disagree, that is a decision they will live with eternally.

God Bless you and your family Mark!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite often it helps to talk about something whether anyone listens or not. I'm not a religious person, I am however a spiritual person. The good book says we should love one another but it doesn't say we have to like them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default It'll get better!

CL;
    My mom and dad split when I was 13. I'm now 45. Mom got Hep. C about 15-20 years ago. Had liver transplant about 5 years ago and a stroke right after. Even though she kicked me out of the house when I was 16 and there has always been a tension there, I still made sure I've been through all this with her and I think she finally realized I'm not the bad guy. It took years. Dad passed away last year and he and I made amends with each other (over unrelated circumstances) 1 week before he died. I can handle the sicknesses, but don't do real good with the mental and emotional separation. It's never too late, so don't give up!! Praying for you.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

your doing the right thing
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast