Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cedar Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cedar Results

What a pretty day it was to be on the water the wind give us a hard time and the fish was in a funny mood but everyone managed to bring fish to the scales. I want to thank James and April and David and John from North alabama crappie club for fishing with us today we enjoyed and hope ya join us again also we had Adam and Jimmy fish with us today and I hope they join us again. Everyone had a good time and I had a blast I always do when I am on the water with good company. The day started out windy and it never let up this made for some tough fishing but at least the sun came out and the air temp made it up to 67 this made it more enjoyable. Today David and jimmy Mcarley put it on us with a weight of 6.92 and they also had big fish which weighed in at 1.26. David and Jimmy was spider rigging the creek channels. Placing 2nd was myself and Donald with a weight of 6.74 we was also spider rigging creek channels we tryed long lining but had no luck. 3rd place went to David and Bud waters with 5.14 they also had a good fish that weighed 1.24. They also was spider rigging the creek channels. Thanks guys for another good day on the water and here are a few pictures of weigh-in. our next tournament will be on wilson march 7,2009 we will meet at fiddlers in muscle shoals march 2 at 6pm anyone interested in fishing with us give me a call or drop by the meeting.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Folks if you wont to fish with a great bunch then the Shoals Area Crappie Association is it. Keith thanks buddy, folks this guy went out of his way he made shure we got to the water, was safe on water and then made shure we got on the right path to the house Thanks Shoals will be back

Post Thanks / Like

David,
    Your right the guys from the shoals are one of a kind thanks Keith for showing us the way on the water.we had a great day and cant wait till the trip to weiss in too weeks.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Question cedar question

Kieth I am off tomorrow and going fishing, trying to decide where to go, how were the numbers of fish on cedar?? Also any been to LBC?
    PAC
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Paul I PM you. Hope you catch some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I got to do something about a trolling motor - that was way too much work with that wind yesterday.
    David McCarley

Post Thanks / Like

yep that kind of wind will wear you out. Woke up this morning wind was bareley blowing I think the wind has seen our tournament dates?

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wind burned

guys, on the way home my face and nose was on fire. Everyone asked if I was sunburned at church, but that wind was some kind of rough. With water temps at 43-46, slow fishing is the key. Hard to do with 20mph and gusts even stronger. Not many places on Cedar to get out of it, and the few spots you could the fish didn't bite.

My dad and I had zero fish at 12:30, after tight lining all over that lake. I burned a lot of gas moving around, but finally we decided to long line and caught our 8 keepers in 4 feet of water off one brushpile. We long lined spot about 500 yards long. About the time you started you had to turn around again, but that one pile produced fish. We caught what we could doing that, then pulled up on the pile and we tossed a cork an minnow in there. I caught 3 bass right to start with, and finally that biggest crappie bit. I thought I would catch several more, but that was it. I have never been more proud of 8 fish and 5 pounds at the weigh in. I was totally disgusted at noon, but we just kept working at it and my dad and I turned it around. Never give up I guess.

Even though it was a ton of work, it was still really fun. I haven't fished a tournament since July, and it was good to get the competitive juices flowing. Thanks for everyone that came out.

Good to see Rex at the weigh in. Seemed to be hanging in there very well.

I will say this, Cedar is not the lake it used to be. For whatever reason, it is much harder to catch fish on that lake. However, the stripe and white bass population is STRONG.
    Last edited by David Waters; 02-09-2009 at 06:14 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

hey david mc you got a pm...