Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grizzly Rigs for Trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grizzly Rigs for Trolling

Anybody troll using the Grizzly Jig Rigs and had success. I thought they would be worth a try with the hooks tipped with a little jig hair.

If you don't use these then what do you use and how do you rig your trolling poles?

Wardy Guest

Default Grizzly rigs..

Quote Originally Posted by JigMaster
    Anybody troll using the Grizzly Jig Rigs and had success. I thought they would be worth a try with the hooks tipped with a little jig hair.

If you don't use these then what do you use and how do you rig your trolling poles?

Yup.. I have used them. They work. Only draw back is that components are tough to replace. If you hang one up.. You'll replace the whole thing..!!!

Blue and white... orange... chartruse..... all worked.

Wardy

Post Thanks / Like

I've used them before when trolling for crappie and they are top notch. You could make the yourself, but it's just easier and Louie has them priced right to just buy them premade.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I use these rigs during the prespawn at Reelfoot and do very well on certain days. Good colors are orange, purple, pink and chartruse
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a few to try. I started with chart, orange, pink, and black. I am new to trolling and will be trying a little next week while on a vacation. Any additional tips for trolling are welcomed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JigMaster
    I just ordered a few to try. I started with chart, orange, pink, and black. I am new to trolling and will be trying a little next week while on a vacation. Any additional tips for trolling are welcomed!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I see you are new to the site. First welcome aboard. Specifically to your question, check out the " articles" link at the top of the page. The following article and the next ones in the series may be helpful.
    http://www.crappie.com/articles/art2.html

Good luck on your vacation. If you would care to share the lake you will be fishing, someone here or the specific state site may be able to provide some furthur tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip Whizkid!

I am in Mississippi and I plan to try Ross Barnett, Chotard Lake (Oxbow) and probably Bee Lake. I fished Bee during the Spawn this year and did pretty good. It looked like a good lake to troll this time of year.

Just trying to have as much info on setting my rig up right the first time so I have a fighting chance and catching some big fish. I would also have more time to focus on locating fish! Thanks again!