Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Magnet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Magnet

I was just wondering if anyone tried these baits for crappie.I wanting to know if there any good.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if crappie will hit them very good but bluegill will eat up the 1/64 & 1/32 ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can you buy this at.I see them on crappiemagnet.com.I guess thats the only place.I dont know if they sell em around here.

Post Thanks / Like

wal-mart has them I used them a few years ago they worked pretty good with a small float or if you could find a pipe or something with water rushing out never had much luck with them after I started fishing in boat though

Post Thanks / Like

I used them alot a couple years ago. If you use the smallest size 1/64 in a color that is good for a particular place, they can be killer. use 4 lb. test line or it won't be nearly as effective. also I used very small bobbers about the diam. of a nickel with a little peice of lead built on the bottom, they are yellow. best colors for me were: mealworm gold, white/pink tail, orange, and also brown. they will catch anything. open up the hooks gap a little , but be careful because they will break. I caught alot of crappie on the mealworm color, and some pretty nice redthroat bream on the orange or rootbeer brown. also used smelly gelly liquid scent anise/craw I believe. crappie don't take the cork down alot of times, you will just see the cork kinda set down in the water a little lower.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by bttmline; 02-07-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

From the picture I saw on their site it looks like a tube bait without the tails cut.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

They can be deadly on winter fish looking for a smaller offering. I used to use the trout magnet for crappie and they worked great. Just recently saw they offer a larger version for crappie. Don't be afraid to try the smaller trout magnet on those slow days.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way they are a solid body bait very similar to a beetle body, but smaller.