Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Pay for a Guided Fishing Trip at Shenango

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Pay for a Guided Fishing Trip at Shenango

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is anyone out there who is familiar with Shenango? I am looking for someone who will act as a guide for day of crappie fishing there. It seems like there are a number of you who do quite well on the crappie there. I have only been there a few times and have never caught any large number of crappie, so I thought maybe some of you may be willing to show me some good spots on the lake for crappie fishing. I know this is a lot to ask and I don't expect anyone to do this for free. I am willing to pay as much as $5.00 (five dollars) for a day of guided fishing at Shenango. Of course, if I am going to lay out that kind of money I will have to be guaranteed to catch fish. I will also have to clear it with my wife since we have a joint checking account. Thanks for your consideration of this proposal. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm.... no takers yet?

I wouldn't want to take your money - I'd need a map to find the lake!

Post Thanks / Like

Zeke,there you go again, I think you need to just fish one Lake for a year and do all the home work you can on that Lake. Remember you need a good map and a few people who would tell you a couple spots a first, then find your own! I have been fishing Shenango for 1 1/2 years now and feel pretty good about caughting fish on any given day I go . Last time I was there, Wife and I kept 63 crappie from 11-15" caught about 150 to 170 all together. If you talk real nice maybe Chaunc or I might help you! And throw another $20 in the collection plate on Sunday! Just kidding!
    Keep fishing and someday you'll be a pro. Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy,
    I have a hydro-graphic map of Shenango that shows water depth, etc, which I bought a few years ago. I am having a problem finding the few people to show me a couple spots to get me started. I thought the KCA was being formed to help out guys like me, but there seems to be a bad case of lockjaw going around.
    BTW, does anyone ever take pictures of all these fish they catch? My past experience with fisherman and fish stories has me wondering if they have their figures correct. I remember a guy on here, not long ago, who divided $12.95 by 25 and came up with 5 cents. Makes me wonder if his addition is any better????

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeke, The KCA is about helping people out. I would offer you my services but, I do not know enough about shenango to help you. I have only been on that lake twice in a boat and two or three times thru the ice and i have never really had a great day.
    Now if your interested in fishing yellow creek or crooked creek I can help you.
    Good luck with your search.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Zeke, Now! Just because I messed up one time, when it comes to cleaning fish I am very correct on my count, I hate cleaning more than 24 at a time. But when you got on a roll , keep with it.
    Zeke, You know I have told and showed you places at Wilhelm! Well here we go for Shenango At the Rec. launch go to the right by the rip-rap in the no wake zone in 13-15' of water bruch there. Fish the Rt. 18 Bridge area No wake zone= and the R. R . Bridge to the right of the launch, it is hot now os either fish early morning or 6 PM till midnight. White crappies are suspended now over deep water, Black crappie found wood, look for trees in the water off of the channel or deep water 12-18' I use all jigs and twisters now, and sliders no minns they die to quick. Here is another tip ,quit fishing Wilhelm till September , wrong try it in October and fish it till ice is on go deep!
    Next class will cost you a trip , take me along! Zimmy

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeke, you mean to tell me you missed the picture of me holding that stringer of 14 and 15 inch crappies last month? Ed put it up for me. It's also on the KCA website photos. Any who..... Zimmy gave you some excellent spots. Another one is go thru the bridge at 18 and head east. Lots of riprap to fish bass and crappies. If you stay close to shore, after you get out of the no wake zone, about 1/2 mile up, there's a good dropoff that has brushpiles on it. May even catch a walleye there too. Theres an island at golden run with brush and stumps all around the west side. good crappie spot but the northern love it too. Now for $5.00 bucks more, i'll let you follow me and show you what they hit on. JUST KIDDING. It'll cost you an 8 pk of gatorade frost!!! hope this works http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/attac...ntid=1831&stc=1
    Last edited by chaunc; 06-29-2005 at 04:29 PM. Reason: found the picture, but it didn't come up.

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy, Chaunc, and Bob G,
    Believe it or not I keep the email info that you guys have given me in the past so that I can check those spots out if/when I get to go fishing. My problem is that I never seem to find those spots. I haven't fished crooked creek yet, so I haven't got to try Bob's info out yet. I have a Hummin' Bird 300tx on my boat and keep the sensitivity turned up, but I can't seem to locate the brush in those spots. Is the 300tx capable of locating brush? Am I just missing it? (BTW, I did see that stringer of fish last month Chaunc. I will gladly bring the gatorade if you take me to a spot like that....)

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    Zimmy, Chaunc, and Bob G,
    Believe it or not I keep the email info that you guys have given me in the past so that I can check those spots out if/when I get to go fishing. My problem is that I never seem to find those spots. I haven't fished crooked creek yet, so I haven't got to try Bob's info out yet. I have a Hummin' Bird 300tx on my boat and keep the sensitivity turned up, but I can't seem to locate the brush in those spots. Is the 300tx capable of locating brush? Am I just missing it? (BTW, I did see that stringer of fish last month Chaunc. I will gladly bring the gatorade if you take me to a spot like that....)
    Just let me know when you're coming to the lake and i'll do my best to get you a stringer like that one. Can't promise you that we'll get that many 15"s and 14"s, but we'll have a good time trying. So get the gatorade ready. And about that humminbird.... i gave mine away and got a couple eagles. A 320 on the front and 480 on the back. They get the job done. If anythings down there, i'll see it .

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my!!! Only gatorade??? That quenches a mans thirst, but what about his hunger. I just happen to know, that if you are fishing on chaunc's boat, and bringing food to eat for yourself, that you had better bring food for the guide too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast