Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Crappie TV future

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Midwest Crappie TV future

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you for your comments and emails on the new shows. Also wanted to pass on some bad news.

I spoke with the Sportsman Channel last week and my rates are going to more than double next year. Most of you know we are a small show and don't have the budget that the big name shows have. I will not be able to keep our show on the SC at those rates.

We are looking at some other options to keep the show going. One is to send the show to several "local" stations. If you have one near your town, contact them, and if they would like to air the shows, I will send them out.

I am also thinking about making all of my new shows available on my website just like the myoutdoortv.com website. I am going to contact all of my sponsors and see what they would like to do.

I hope we can keep things going, but if not, it has been a great experience doing the show and making friends across the country. Thanks to all the folks here at crappie.com Without a doubt, these are the best folks around!

Russ
    Midwest Crappie, Crappie Fishing Tips, Techniques, Patterns

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Russ. Quality shows like yours are rare. Really enjoy it very much. Good luck and hope you can keep it going.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry They Must Be Nuts

The ONLY show I watch on the Sportsman Channel is Midwest Crappie and I have my TV programmed to record every show. They should be making life easier for you, not more difficult.

I hope you can find another venue for your shows and that you keep making what I think is the BEST show out there tailored specifically for the crappie angler. Hey all of you crappie fishing vendors out there... Russ Baily is to crappie fishing what Bill Dance is to bass fishing...help this guy out! It would only be good business for you.

This ticks me off. Crappie anglers finally get ONE outstanding show, entertaining and educational, top quality in every respect, and what happens? The rug gets pulled out from under us. Hey Sportsman Channel...guess what, you are losing sportsmen, the very audience and demographic to whom you should be catering, when you lose shows like Midwest Crappie. Get with it!

Hang in there Russ.

CR
    You don't know if you don't go.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think I get the sportsman channel. Sounds like I am missing a good show. Can you get on the outdoor channel, or the Fishing channel?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started getting the sportsman channel and getting to watch Midwest Crappie was a joy. Hope you can get it worked out Russ and if not, I have enjoyed the shows I have got to see. Thanks---Ronnie
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Russ, I love the show! I wish it could stay around. I hope something gets worked out.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Russ I am sorry to hear that news. If I had deep pockets I would fund your show myself. To me you have always been a class act and my friend. I think your shows are awesome. Thank you for all you do.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

The best fishing show here in Northern IL, is of course, Midwest crappie, they should be paying U to show your show. Sorry to hear this. If worse comes to worse would be nice if we could at least go to your web site to watch show. Thanks for the great shows.................
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it works out for ya'll!!! I hate that!! I watch it every week.
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Russ, We just started getting your show in our area. When will your last show air on SC?
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast