Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cane Pole's Robot Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cane Pole's Robot Boat

I had the opportunity today to take a trip to the lake to see Cane Pole. I pulled into the driveway, and the first thing I saw was a little boat trailer with a little blue and yellow boat on it with what looked like a little man sitting inside of it. Yep! There was Tom’s robot boat. I have never seen any thing like it. This boat is the neatest thing I have ever seen. Tom has done a fantastic job on this boat.
    It is powered by a 12 volt trolling motor, has a working depth finder, a little robot man with a robotic fishing pole, and even has a robotic dip net to help catch the fish. The little robot man has a camera mounted in his head. With a monitor by his side, Tom can move the head of the little man around and see every thing that is going on in the boat. He can look at the depth finder to make sure he is over his crappie beds, he can look down the fishing pole to see when he is getting a bite, and he can look at all the surrounding area to see any thing else that is going on around him. Every thing on this boat is operated by remote control. With the little TV monitor by his side and his remote control in his hands, he can go fishing from his dock, another boat, or even standing on the bank.
    I watched as Tom operated the trolling motor, let line out from the reel, reeled line in, set the hook on a fish, and move the dip net to help land a fish. And he did it all from his little remote control. With 7 or 8 people watching, the first fish caught in this amazing little robotic boat was a crappie around 12 inches long. And he got the whole thing on film.
    The first public appearance for the robot boat will be at the TeeZur Tournament September 24th 2005 at Mansard Island. This boat will absolutely amaze you when you see it.
    Tom wanted me to tell every one that he will be at the lake until after the 4th. He does not have internet at the lake house. But he will be back online when he gets back home. He will post more pictures then.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope some one can take some videos of Tom's boat in action. I'd love to see it in action!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Sound cool and complex. Got to be dedicated to his class or he as a hard to reach hole he want to get at LOL!
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Come to the TeeZur tournament. He will have it on display there.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go CP, sound like you've got it under control and trying to put us guides out of business, lol. Can it tell jokes when the fish aren't biting? You're the man!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?

I am not understanding the purpose behind this Robot boat, am I missing something?

If I had the time to make something like that I think I would chose to actually go fishing myself, but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crappie66
    I am not understanding the purpose behind this Robot boat, am I missing something?

If I had the time to make something like that I think I would chose to actually go fishing myself, but that's just me.
    crappie66, Yes, Im pretty sure you are missing something!!! I clicked on Cane pole's profile just to make sure I had the correct information. He is an electronics teacher. As I understand it he and his class designed and built this robo boat. What a wonderfull practical project for young minds to take on. If I have this information wrong, I would hope I would be corrected by someone on this board. In the meantime, I hold Cane Pole in high regard for choosing a challanging project for his class. I wish there was more of this type of teaching. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a class project. Pretty awesome one too. He's pretty sharp. Great job cane pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoisgiller
    crappie66, Yes, Im pretty sure you are missing something!!! I clicked on Cane pole's profile just to make sure I had the correct information. He is an electronics teacher. As I understand it he and his class designed and built this robo boat. What a wonderfull practical project for young minds to take on. If I have this information wrong, I would hope I would be corrected by someone on this board. In the meantime, I hold Cane Pole in high regard for choosing a challanging project for his class. I wish there was more of this type of teaching. Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In addittion Canepole and his class build robotic models and compete in robotic competitions. This is a vocation and a hobby with him. He is a very tallented person, willing to share his tallents with others in many ways.

Post Thanks / Like

howdy; maybe someone could call the local afiliate of one of the networks (CBS,ABC,NBC), nice to get some national coverage of a crappie torney. my 2 cents worth. tarfu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast