Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville This Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville This Weekend

I know I have asked before, but can't remember what you all told me. Are there some good bank spots or docks where I could get my line wet this weekend at Smithville? I have never fished there, and am not familiar with the area - so would need a little detail. Not sure I could get out Saturday, but Sunday sounds nice enough even though it will be a bit cooler...??? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

If your question is referring to ice, I stopped by the Camp branch area yesterday and the docks were open, that area charges $3.00 to fish off of the dock at the marina but, I did find a few yards on either side of the docks to fish from shore. It was pretty cold, and I was pretty tired because I was up at 2:00 am to take my wife to the airport, I threw a jig around for about 30 min. and got out of there. There "should" be plenty of bank fishing because of the warm weather. It looked like a great place to fish and I plan on stopping by there on Wed. when I have to go back to KCI.
    Sorry I can't help you with details on what to use there, but I am sure the folks at the marina might be able to give you a fishing report.
    Good luck,
    Q
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin View Post
    I know I have asked before, but can't remember what you all told me. Are there some good bank spots or docks where I could get my line wet this weekend at Smithville? I have never fished there, and am not familiar with the area - so would need a little detail. Not sure I could get out Saturday, but Sunday sounds nice enough even though it will be a bit cooler...??? Thanks in advance!
    great question, i always have a hell of a time catching crappie at smithville....have friends who say they can limit out in an hour........no boat.....so my options are limited
    fished camp branch earlier this winter, did not catch a thing, and neither did anyone......didnt realize it was 40 feet deep there (at least that is what i thougt, took my 1/16 oz jig about 40 seconds to hit the bottom............

how the hell do you fish 30-40 feet of water not knowing where ANY structure lies.......?

Post Thanks / Like

The fish are there around those docks. They are rarely deeper than 15 feet. I would say most of the fish are caught between 8 and 12 feet down. Just my 2 cents worth.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same "boat" as you Pineapple - that is NO boat! So my options are really limited too... So Camp Branch - 3.00 to fish the docks or you can just shoreline fish around there..?? I may try that out - I just need to get a line wet - it's been a while

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone give us a ice report on smithville today?

Post Thanks / Like

The ice is just under 32 degrees, dmac. Glad I could help.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I know how cold it is, I just wondered how hard it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    I know how cold it is, I just wondered how hard it was.
    Hard enough to keep your 1/8oz jig from sinkin'.
    :D
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I was worried about!!! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast