HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: TN Night Stalk...Watts Bar

Post Thanks / Like

Default TN Night Stalk...Watts Bar

A friend and I decided to try for some crappie
    under the lights Monday night. The bite was good
    between thundershowers..but most were under the
    10" limit. The 9" ones really kept us busy..but
    we could never locate any school of any size.
    Anybody else been trying on Watts Bar??

Post Thanks / Like

Were you over brush, on a point maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Dude: We were at two different spots..one was close to a deep
    brushpile in about 30 ft of water..the second was close to a
    floating marina in about 25 ft. The bites all came at about
    14-16 ft. We tried different depths...but go no bites on our
    deeper tries.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing Watts Bar for about eleven years and I can wear them out fall, winter, and spring. I just have not figured out the summer puzzle yet. I can catch a keeper every now and then but nothing consistent. Hope you have better luck than I have. Thanks for the help.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dude/Vol ....

Hey guys - have either of you tried shooting docks during the Summer days ? I know conventional wisdom says the Crappie go deep to find more comfortable water ... but, water under a shaded dock or pontoon is likely cooler than open water. A friend of mine, that fishes Weiss Lake, has recently been catching Crappie shooting docks during the heat of the day. Not all docks produce, but when he finds the right conditions - he finds schools hiding under them. Some of the docks are relatively shallow & some have deep water under them. (he recently got tired of catching Crappie - and is now chasing Stripers ...LOL!!!) The Sun can be brutal, I know ... but, it may be worth the effort. Then again - have either of you tried it during the night ?

I should be coming back down to WB, this Fall, for some fun fishing. I hope I can count on you guys to give me the rundown on where you're catching your fish, then. Will probably be sometime in Oct. I don't expect exact locations, just depth & around what type of structure/cover ... but, I'll take any info you're willing to give :D ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

CP:

It is hot.....but did try shooting a few docks
    in the daytime..but only found the small ones
    again. I have never tried it at night..but willing
    to give it a try. If we have any luck..will let you
    know. I hope I have some info to dispense in
    Oct when you come down! See you then.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks Vol ...

Don't know exactly where we'll be staying ... maybe Bayside, maybe Arrowhead ... but, I'd really like to have a few good "docks" to shoot, in that general area. I know some in White Creek, and a few around the Bayside/Blue Springs area ... but they are scattered, few & far between. What I'd really like to find, is a long dock, in deep water, with about a dozen pontoons parked in it ....LOL!!
    I'd really appreciate the info/updates. Will keep you informed as to when we'll be down ... may even be able to meet you on the water. ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys! It feels good to talk crappie in these hot summer months. I fish the docks alot all through the year but haven't thought about doing in the summer. I'll try it next time out. Haven't been fishing much this week. I can only take so much of the jet skis, pontoon boats, and pleasure craft. Can't wait for cool weather so we can have our lake back.