Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Life's Changes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life's Changes

Well for sometime time now my wife and I was trying to have a child. Thought all was gonna be alright 2 years ago when the wife got pregnant but after 5 months we lost the baby and we were devasated for somewhile. Hard to understand God's Plan sometimes but we have to keep our faith and know that God does have a plan. Last September we started taking classes and decide to try to foster kids in need and try to adopt if possible. Well Friday at 4:45 PM we got a call and they wanted us to take a brother and sister 4 and 2 years old. They came into our home for a visit Saturday and Sunday, and they have been with us full time Since Monday Morning. 2 of the sweetest kids you will ever see - well behaved( they are kids though) the 2 year old is a real girly girl and the 4 year old is all boy - I stayed out of work Monday and then worked all day Tuesday - when I got home Tuesday they ran to the door hugging me jumping up and down cause I was home - makes cancelling Superbowl Party and extra job I had on Friday Night seem so meaningless. Life has changed so much for the good - God's Plan is good and I think in full effect. And by the way I had the outdoor channel on and the little boy saw someone catch a fish and he got so excited. I told him I fishing poles and he ask if I had one for him and I said yes I do and he got excited and we had to go to the basement and see them - and then we had to go look at the boat - I got to go now and get him a insulated suit so we can get out there as soon as it warms up a little - his paw paw done got him a life jacket as well as the little girl so I got replacements for ncnat now
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! The world needs more people like you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a win win situation there! Those are some lucky kids and you guys are just as lucky as them. God does always have a plan for our lives if we just wait on it and see what it is when it comes. The world could use a lot more folks like you two. Congrats on the new family.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you man. Those kids look real happy. My 7 year old was watching the outdoor channel with me last saturday morning and she said "We need to go fishing---soon!"...and we will.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from a father of a 4yr old girl and 2yr old boy, your news is especially welcome and personal. I'm so glad you and your wife persevered knowing all would be reavealed in time. You've got a lifetime of joy ahead of you. You are blessed indeed.

Thanks so much for sharing your news.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned a long time ago Crap-King that a lot of good can come from a bad situation and boy it sure did in this case happy for you and your family
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it all worked out. I don't mind being replaced by them.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncnat View Post
    Glad it all worked out. I don't mind being replaced by them.
    Jay, you got a great deal- those two great young'uns for that nasty old dog, Nat. Congratulations to you, your wife and those lucky kids. You'll be a great dad.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats ! Can't wait for pictures of first fish caught by each.
    Nothin better than that ear to ear grin from a young one with a fish on their line. My three are 14,13,&12 & nothing makes me prouder than when they "out do" me on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Crap-King, it takes special people to adopt and raise kids and I'm sure you guys are the ones "picked" to just that. I have read alot of post here and you and your family seemed to be well respected through out the fishing community. It's a privilage to have kids and raise them in a Christian home. Good luck in the future and be sure to post pics of them on their upcoming crappie trips.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast