Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: CanePole/Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Default CanePole/Humminbird

Hey Cane Pole,
    Did you get your issue's worked out on your 997c si? Did Humminbird ever admit that there was an issue?

I'm getting ready to pull to pull the trigger on one and was just wondering if there was still an issue. I wonder if the new 798 has the same issue's?

TIA,
    Tiny

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird

I will let Cane Pole answer your questions concerning if the new units have corrected the slow refresh rate problem but I can tell you firsthand Humminbird is well aware of the issue now and so are about 90 others that took place in the Grizzly Jig Seminars two weeks ago. Apparently CP tore into the young Hbird rep pretty good and I had a chance to throw a little salt in the wound as well:D. He seemed like a nice enough guy and said it is on their "to-do" list. It's a shame they have stuck their head in the sand about this issue. They are great units and with one minor software change they could be outstanding. Maybe since Lowrance has come out with a side imaging unit they will be a little more motivated to get the lead out and fix the darn thing.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-04-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only issue I have about the SI units I have/had is (and still is) the slow refresh rate of the chart screen (so called slow gps response).

The gps is dead on accurate.

You can purchase the new units with the high accuracy gps receiver (so called antenna). I do not own the new antenna, but I have read the manufacturers specifications for the gps receiver chip sets. These are really good and accurate receivers for the money. However, the new antenna does not solve the refresh problem.

You can adjust to this problem by trial and error on the water and figure out a personal strategy that overcomes this inconvenient problem.

Humminbird is aware of this problem, yet continue to conveniently ignore the facts. My emails go answered about the response. No one in customer service is willing to talk about it. The CS folks seem "surprised" when/if asked about the response issue. Like Yiikes said, they got their head in the sand.

By no means do I regret buying the units. I am just disappointed by attitude of monopoly.

If it is truism about Lowrance SI, then this might be the stimulus HB needs to get their head out of their butts and fix this issue.

Also, I feel sorry for the CS agents that have to deal with me. I ask too many questions. Sometimes it is hard to separate BS from facts.

It is your decision, not mine.

I am waiting on the Lowrance......Shop around.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"