Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need help on walleye fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help on walleye fishing

Got permission to some sandpits,, told there are some walleyes in them,,,

Walleye fishing is new to me,,,

I have been doing the bass fishing thing for about 10 years now,, and do some cat fishing...

Looking for new fish to catch..

Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye will move into the dam area and rock levees right after ice out. I will admit I never have fished a sand pit before. If they have any rocks around it then they will be around them to spawn. If you are fishing from a boat then you can troll back and forth in front of the dam with no. 13 rapalas. If you are on the bank then you can cast parallel to the rocks about 5-10 ft out from the bank, and reel in with about a mideum speed retrive. After they have spawned they will lay up for a few weeks to get there strength back and then will move out to the ledges along channels or off point. They like to roam in the 15 foot depth area. You can troll for them with several different type lures or baits, or anchor on a bend in the channel or along a point in the 15ft depth area and use slip bobbers set about a ft off the bottom. You can use minnows, worms or leaches and all will work pretty well. It depends on the time of year which bait you would use or what they have in the lake. Hope this gives you a start as to where to look anyways. Good Fishing EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

good report...thanks
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><