Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sickle Hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sickle Hooks

I Have Been Noticing That In A Lot Of The Pics . The Jigs Have Sickle Hooks. Are These Hooks Really Better? If So What Is The Advantage?

Post Thanks / Like

I like 'em. Started using them on gills I use for bait, and it seems like I was getting more hookups and holds with the sickles, so I've started to converting to them for my crappie rigs too.

I tend to think the hard angle in the back of the hook vs. a curve in the back of a normal hook will hold the fish on better. May or may not be true, but that's why I've been trying them out.

Vector

Post Thanks / Like

The sickle hooks are very sharp and have a wider hook gap than your regular jig hooks.You hook more fish and the bend akes it a lot harder for fish to get away.They will put more fish in the boat if you would use them.I used to bend the aberdeens out when I was missing fish.with these you don't have to.Try some,you'll be glad you did.I use them about 90% of the time now.

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to them last year and won't use anything else! use them on 1/16 and 1/32 jigs.
    They are sharp and I believe you hook a higher average of fish. Get mine made by Tommy @ TCI.

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They hook up in the roof of the mouth and dont let go.

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits