Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slow going on Tillery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow going on Tillery

I fished Tillery Sunday morning Feb.1. I had some initial problem getting the big motor running so I fished quite awhile in the main creek at the 24/27 ramp.

The water temperture was 44/45 and somewhat stained. I marked fish between 10 and 15 feet. I picked up one keeper on a minnow tipped jig near the mouth of the creek about 12 feet deep.

I had one other fisherman trolling jigs in the same depth who picked up one keeper.

I fished a little further down the lake, but the wind got pretty bad. I had my 70 lb thrust trolling motor on 50 to just move forward slowly. I tried one other small creek which was out of the wind, but had no luck.

At least I didn't get skunked!

Superbowl was coming on and I'm a big Steeler fan. So I headed home a little earlier than normal.
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to get a Tillery report! Haven't fished there sence 2004. I don't think that lake is ever clear. If I remember corectly, all we caught were 8" thugs.
    I don't fish because I want to, I fish because I HAVE to !

Moma tried real hard.

Post Thanks / Like

tillery has some hogs a guy in a sca crappie tournament cuaght one over 3 pounds two falls ago, that lake can get real clear.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently moved to the area, rented a place on Badin two years ago. Found some really good fishing after the water warmed a bit.

I ended up buying a place just north of Troy and started fishing Tillery. I"ve caught quite a few slabs this past year. The winter paterns have me all screwed up, but I won't give up.

Tillery usually stays clear from what I've seen.

I've been using some jigs which I haven't seen sold in local stores. I use to buy them from a place in Georgia. I recently purchased all the materials and started making them myself. I'll post a picture of them once I get photo bucket on my computer.
    I only fish the two best days of the year, when its raining and when its not!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tillery

I killed 'em in Mountain Creek and Jacobs Creek longlining this time last year. 3 and 4 fish on at a time one day. Troll around bait balls and you'll get bit. I'm taking my boys there cattin' on Sat. I'll report if I do anything. Them crappie make good blue cat bait at times.