Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel / water seperator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuel / water seperator

I`m really concerned with this water deal in the boat gas that ethenol causes so I`m asking for some advice on what some of you guys would do. I`m tryin` to educate myself `cause I don`t want the problems it creates. I guess I really want to know if this is what I need to do to keep the water out of the carbs. Inline gas filter to go on the 40 hp Yammie-haw...is this the one? or something else? All this is driving me loco tryin` to do the right thing.Thanks for any and all input, Deryl

Racor In-Line Gasoline Fuel Filters

Post Thanks / Like

Separator will help, it is best not to run gas with ethanol in it.

Post Thanks / Like

It' would probably help to use a fuel stabilizer like Sta-bil or Sea Foam or something similar. I've been reading alot about the problem too, there was a topic about it not too long ago, I think the topic was called "Sta-bil" I'll post a link with some information from Mercury Marine on the subject. After ya pull up the link, scroll on down to "Ethenol Update".

Bluegill

Mercury Service

Post Thanks / Like

I think Yamaha addresses the issue on their site too. Also go check out the forums at iboats.com.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a seperator, but in mud motors its very common b/c of the way we run our rigs and what we run them in. I use to have allot of trouble with my old motor b/c I didnt have one but when I re powerd I installed one. I dont know how it would do w/ a outboard b/c I have never seen anyone run one on a outboard. However I am a fan.
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.
    General George S. Patton Jr

Post Thanks / Like

I did read around on the iboat website earlier Carl ya told me about and it was very informative. Seems like the more ya read...the more i get confused but the info. is helpful. I`ll read the Merc link Mr. Bluegill posted hopefully I can make a decision on the right thing. Did you guys read about the seperator i posted on? I`m just wondering if it would be the right one for the Yammi-haw 40hp. You guys have helped ... and it is appreciated. thank you.
    Back to that particular filter...it says it`s for small outboards. And where here in la-la land can i find gas with no ethenol in it? Is that the right filter ya`ll would use?
    I`d still like to here more if anyone has some. Hopefully i can make a decision on this all this in time to join the crowd fishin` when the fish start up again. Thanks for hangin` with me on this fellas. I`ll need to take the catching crappie catchin`101 course next. Flame on....:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy N.C. View Post
    Separator will help, it is best not to run gas with ethanol in it.
    Yes...I know! I`ve got an 18 ft. Bass boat with a 200 Merc in the shop now that I think ethenol/ water is the problem. I`ll fix and sell ...and hopefully soon...I just wanna fish guys!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not had any issues, but mine doesn't sit up much at all either.

Post Thanks / Like

If you dont have a place w/ ethonal free gas or a fuel/water seperator, just add a splash of sea foam in your tank when you fill up
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.
    General George S. Patton Jr

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go around and ask each store if they had ethanol, out of 10 stores only 2 did not sell ethanol, they said they will never sell ethanol, it is put in when they deliver it, It will cost alittle more( around here it is about 10 cent more per gallon) but it is worth it to me to know I am not putting ethanol in my NEW BOAT. It holds 40 gal.s, Hard to run that much out in 90 days. The ethanol will separate after that. If you leave it half empty, then you will have condensation in tank which leads to more water in tank. I do have a water separator/ filter on the boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast