Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smallie Beavers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smallie Beavers

Nope... this is not about tiny little wood chewing rodents but a plastic bass bait.

Anyone play with these?? I hid out today down at Auburn Sports and spotted them on the rack. Looks like they are small enough to where one needs a spinning rod to cast them.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard there great for smallmouth and they come in 2 other sizes that are bigger. I have never personally fished them but i have heard good things about them, most people use a heavy football jig and bounce it off the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive fished with them before and like to fish them deep on a 3/8ths ounce jig head, and you can fish them on bait casting gear if you want to (I prefer to). Or you can put them on a 1/8ths ounce jig head(definatly spinnig gear for this presentation) and skip them way back underneath docks.Like Panfish 990 said they are Smallmouth killers.IF you want to catch Largemouth try the Sweet Beaver, it is the next size up.Or if you're after huge largemouth try the double wide its a 5in version.For the Sweet beaver and the Double Wide Beaver rig them texas rigged with brass and glass, they are excelent craw imitators.They really seem to work in tough conditions when the fish dont want to cooperate.The best colors are Watermelon, Green pumpkin/watermelon, mossy mud, magic craw, and black and blue.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS