Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eno River Monday?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eno River Monday?

Going to the Eno Monday. Only been there once, a couple years ago, and a bad day for everybody. Anybody got any suggestion on where and how? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

follow the fleet, lol a bring you bernocks

should be real good now,
    might even get an early white. bring a gold 1/8 little cleo spoon an give it a shot. wont hurt

good luck an stay safe

Post Thanks / Like

the fish were biting up in the flat river yesterday which is to the left once you get down the eno about a half mile. I fished yesterday and started out down river beyond the powerlines on the eno and didnt have much luck. I then made my way back up stream to the flat river and started picking up a few small fish. Once I got up the flat a little ways the fish started getting bigger. I was fishing minnows as close to the bottom with out getting hung up as I could. The channel there is very narrow. If you aren't trolling/drifting and decide to tie up, please be courteous and tie up off to one side and not directly in the middle of the channel like so many do. If it is cold WATCH FOR ICE on the ramp!!! Also, expect to be checked by a game warden.

Post Thanks / Like

thats right , the channel is narrow and if you have to go around someone anchored you risk hitting trees or rocks just under water , clarity of water can be inches up there so watch out , some of us go all the way up to the bluffs and it gets really rough up there

Post Thanks / Like

How did it go today? I want to send my father and stepson to either the Eno or Jordan this Friday so we can have a fish-fry over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JordanLimit View Post
    How did it go today? I want to send my father and stepson to either the Eno or Jordan this Friday so we can have a fish-fry over the weekend.
    You can all go to the Social on Saturday if you want too.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody for the info. We didn't do that well today. We arrived at the ramp at daybreak. Infact we were the first there. Started out on the Flat next to a stick up where we caught 4 or 5 good ones. Then the boats really started coming in. Caught a few more at our next stop and then it was just one here and there until we stoped around two. Ended up catching 17 10" -13"ers and throwing back a handful. Most everybody was power drifting but we just anchored on some good marks and threw out minnows under a slipfloat real close to the bottom. We talked to alot of people and none of them were doing too well either. Although some said that they did pretty good the day before. Oh well that's they way it goes sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sea-sons View Post
    Thanks everybody for the info. We didn't do that well today. We arrived at the ramp at daybreak. Infact we were the first there. Started out on the Flat next to a stick up where we caught 4 or 5 good ones. Then the boats really started coming in. Caught a few more at our next stop and then it was just one here and there until we stoped around two. Ended up catching 17 10" -13"ers and throwing back a handful. Most everybody was power drifting but we just anchored on some good marks and threw out minnows under a slipfloat real close to the bottom. We talked to alot of people and none of them were doing too well either. Although some said that they did pretty good the day before. Oh well that's they way it goes sometimes.
    you did well enough for a dinner of fresh fish, you had some action, got out with a fishen buddy, soaked up some sun, learned some stuff, hey ya did alright in my book. sure beats workin 9to5
    lol
    check it out again in a few weeks, you'll have some whites in there backin spoons/twisters. fun stuff,
    thats sure a perrrty river.
    have a great day
    steve

Post Thanks / Like

just how deep is the flat river channel.Im tempted.My boats 23ft with a 14 in draft.Was thinking about it Sat but concerned about tying off out of the channel.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the places I have been were around 14'-16'. I have a center console fiberglass boat and never any problem with being enough room. I've seem some pontoons out there and you know how big they are. I'm thinking about going this Thursday, haven't been since last Thanksgiving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast