Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They tried to kill my mama in Leitchfield

Post Thanks / Like

Angry They tried to kill my mama in Leitchfield

I am so mad that I can hardly type this post and it's been 2 days of cooling off for me!

I'm stuck out here on this boat & my family is home dealing with the Ice Storm. Wife, kids and grandkids are all doing well. I believe in being prepaired for things like this and they are fine.

My sister lives in Canneyville & my mother lives in near by Leitchfield. When the storm hit my sister was isolated and couldn't get to my mom. She got hold of the local authorities in Lietchfield and told them where my mother was and to please get her to a shelter. She told them what kind of shape my mother was in and that there was no way she could deal with these conditions. They assured her that she would be taken care of & not to worry.

Let me give you a short rundown on my mom. 70 years old, diabetic, 2 hip replacements, fibromyalgia, has had 6 hernia operations in last 2 years, can get around just a little with a walker but mostly depends on a power chair, fixed income, very strong willed. Get the picture? Not your basic picture of health.

I couldn't get hold of my mom for several days. Talked to my sister & she told me that mama should be in a shelter but didn't know which one.

To make a long story short my sister couldn't find her so she went to her apartment late Thursday, when the road had been cleared enough for her to get out. There was my mama, darn near froze to death! She said she had no heat, no electricity, and no communication. She said 2 guys came and checked on her tuesday. Mom told them she was very cold but alright. She thought that they were gonna take her somewhere but they just got in the truck and drove off. Wed. another guy came by and did the same thing. She told each of them that she had no way to stay warm, no electricity, and her phones didn't work.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but if you go and check on an elderly person in this type of emergency and she finally makes it to the door with the use of a walker and is wrapped up in every blanket she owns, and says "Oh thank God" when she see's you... Don't you think that anyone with even 1 ounce of intelligence and is barely able to tie his own shoes would have enought sence to take that person to a shelter?!!!! Can you immagine the sence of abandonment, fear, lonelyness, and dispair that my mother must have felt for the 2 & 1/2 days that she was trapped in that apartment?

You can bet your last $ that when I get off this boat I'm gonna find the 3 people that left her like that and I am gonna make them my pass time. I don't know what legal recourse I have and I don't need their money but I will make sure they are exposed for what they did and are dealt with!
    Last edited by Wiskers; 02-01-2009 at 01:03 AM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

at the end of the day.....I'm glad to hear she is okay now.

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad she's alright.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad To Hear Shes Alright But What A Shame You Would Think They Could Have Put 2&2 Together Cant Blame You For Being Mad Hope Everything Gets Better For You All Up There All My Family Live In The Affected Parts Of Ky They Were Out Of Power For A Couple Of Days Also No Phones Cell Or Land Line They Said Everything Is Getting Back Just Going To Take Time Good Luck God Bless.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers, you have every right to be outraged. I'm glad to hear you mother is okay. As usual with any large scale incident there are going to be instances where things were not taken care of properly still, however; does not excuse this.

I don't work E-town post but would not have any difficulty requesting a unit to check on her further if you feel it's necessary. I know I've responded to person's in this situation who regardless of the circumstances just refuse to leave their home. Not implying this was the case with your mother. All and all a bad situation!

I've heard it could be a month before power is restored to some areas.

PM me if I can help out in any way.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a story glad shes ok Wiskers!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whiskers if the need every arises (I hope it doesn't) again please call me at 270-230-5668 and i will go myself to HELP and check on your mother anytime day or night. This is a black eye on the town i live in and it never should have happened and there is no EXCUSE. I would also like to know who the guys were that checked on her.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks For The Support Everybody

I talked to my mother and sister again today and mama is doing fine. They got mama's power back on and she's back home snug as a bug. My sister's power may remain out for weeks.

I questioned mama a little more about what went on. I asked her if she refused to go. She said "No! I thought they were gonna take me somewhere. They never asked me if I wanted to go to a shelter. They just asked me if I was OK & I figured I was still alive so I told them yes, I'm OK" and they left. She said she tried to call 911, me, my sister, my brother, her sisters, neighbors, over and over but her cell phone wouldn't work & her other phone was also out.

I still, as hard as I try, can't see why they didn't take her to a shelter. I talked to somebody up ther Friday & for the life of me I can't remember their name. But I got pretty verbal with the guy. He acted like I was complaining about some lost bags at the airport. He hung up on me.

I just can't get that picture of my mother setting there alone feeling abandoned, outa my head. Try to picture your mother sitting in front of a window, wrapped in blankets, stare'n out and praying for help and wondering why no one will help. Chokes me up still! The only thing she had to eat for 2 1/2 days was Cheerios.

I told her I was gonna come & get her when I get home & let her hug great grandbabys for a few days and that I'd cook her a big mess of crappie! Boy that cheered her up! :D

I plan on gett'n face to face with somebody over this when I go get her. So if yall hear I'm in jail come bail me out! I'm good for the money! :D

Thanks again for the understanding & support.
    Last edited by Wiskers; 02-02-2009 at 01:40 AM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad she is okay....but as noted in a large scale operation like that, resources are not always what we hope them to be. And many people are needed to go door to door, most are volunteers who are not properly trained. I can understand how fustrating it is for you, the larger the operation the more mass confusion it has.

Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers
    Im so glad your mom is ok. You keep your temper in check now, no need to get arrested for some idiots shortcomings. I can tell you from experience that a short fuse can get you in trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast